Saturday, June 25, 2011

Hello...MY FRIEND

Good Morning everyone!

I have an extra special treat for you today! Today's card features a SNEAK PEEK stamp set from the upcoming 2011-2012 Stampin Up! Catalog.... AND another one of the new In Colors - ISLAND INDIGO. This color is gorgeous! Here is the card:



Isn't that stamp set awesome? I love the swirls in the words and that flower silhouette! The new in colors are so pretty and they make awesome colors for the sunset or sunrise style cards. I am noticing a theme...hmmmmm, can you tell I would love to be on vacation? LOL! This card was inspired by the super talented Michelle Zindorf who does amazing scenery cards.

Here is what I used:

Stampin Up! Stamp Sets: My Friend - available July 1st!

Paper: Stampin Up! Island Indigo (available July 1st) & Whisper White

Ink: Stampin Up! Classic ink pads in Basic Black, Island Indigo, Pool Party, Calypso Coral, So Saffron, Daffodil Delight

Accessories: Stampin Up! Stampin Write Black Marker, Versamarker, White signo gel pen, Sponges

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Pin It

3 comments:

Susan Byington

Brayer or sponging for background?

Susan Byington

Sponging or brayer for background?

Laura Love

Hi Susan -
I use sponging to do my sunsets. I feel like I can blend it better than with a brayer and you don't waste as much ink. I always go side to side with the color first and then in small circles to blend. Hope that helps! The layers of this color from bottom to top for the sunset are: Daffodil Delight, So Saffron, Calypso Coral, Pool Party, Island Indigo. When I did my water I just sponged Island Indigo going a little bit over the daffodil so it made the green at the top. Hope that helps!

Post a Comment