Friday, June 6, 2014

Honoring Athina

Good Morning Crafty Friends!

We have some sad news today...our Design Team Member Athina had to leave the team for some personal reasons. Her schedule has been getting crazier and crazier and she was such a sweetheart to try and stay on as long as she could, even knowing how crazy busy she was going to get so we really appreciate that!

Her actual last day with our team was on Tuesday with our challenge and since she would normally be sharing her Friday Inspirations card, I thought I would share a few of my favorite projects that Athina has created while on the team! She joined us clear back in December of 2012...so it was really hard to narrow it down to these few :)

So I will warn you now....this will be a PICTURE HEAVY POST :D







This is a super cute Home Improvement Binder Athina made using a Kenny K Image. Athina makes the cutest Altered Notebooks and this one is not only super cute but such a great way to organize all those "To Do" lists! I need a BUNCH of these...LOL!



I love this sweet tag using Tiddly Inks! The colors are gorgeous and tags are something I really struggle with so I love it when I see such beautiful examples :) I really love how Athina did the ribbons at the top, looks so pretty!



This card is one that Athina had created for our Kirkland's Website Inspiration Challenge. The challenge was to look around their website and find something to inspire your project. The picture that inspired Athina is shown below her card. I think she could have captured it any more perfect if she tried!! Her handmade background is stunning and she did amazing at capturing the color scheme and designs! LOVED it! 







I really loved when Athina used the cute C.C. Designs images. It was really cool to see how she used the same image in different ways and she really showed how versatile the stamps can be for different seasons and Holidays just by changing the color schemes and embellishments. In fact, the little Devil Girl is a Halloween Release that Athina used to create the super cute Valentine Gifts!




Athina created this gift basket set for a charity raffle. I love how she painted the pots and decorated them for Breast Cancer. Her seed packets are adorable as well! This is such a gorgeous set that shows that you can use stamps on more than just cards!



This cutie is extra special to me because Athina sent this card to me and it is one that I will treasure always. And let me tell you...her work is more stunning in person! I really loved Athina's coloring and the sewing, the lovely embellishments and she even decorated the inside as well. Such a beautiful gift!

I could have chosen way more favorites too and you can see more of Athina's gorgeous work on her blog here. 

Athina - I know I told you this before and I will say it again... words can never express how grateful we are to have had the privilege of having such a talented designer on our team for so long. Thank you again for all the inspiration you have provided to not only myself, the other design team ladies and our followers! I will not say good-bye because we will be keeping in touch :) I hope everything goes well for you and wish you all the best!

Big Hugs!
Laura

5 comments:

Blankina

Well deserved space dedicated to Athina..what a fabulous work!
We will miss her,
Hugs Blankina

Holly AKA KopyKat

sigh, such beautiful creations, she is going to missed not only for her fabulous creations, but also her hard work and dedication to the team.

IamUniquelyImperfect

So sorry to hear Athina will not be on the team... :( She is a very talented artistic woman. Thank you for sharing this space with all her beautiful projects! Patricia B

Marcy

Fantastic tribute with so many beautiful projects to share! Athina will be truly missed here not only for her awesome projects but for all she brings to the Loves Rubberstamps DT!

Athina

Wow! I am am blown away by so many kind words. Thanks you so much for such a wonderful opportunity and great friendship on the best design team around! Hugs to all of you!

Post a Comment