Saturday, September 13, 2014

Water Coloring with Distress Inks


Hello and Happy Saturday!  Marcy here to share a super fun card I made for today's inspiration!

Here is my card...


  Today, I was feeling in the mood to take out my favorite distress inks to play a little.  I used one of my favorite background stamps, embossed the image and then added my Tim Holtz distress inks for some vibrant color.  I then sprayed some clear glimmer mist over my creation to give it the water color effect.   For the roses, I did the same technique using this beautiful stamp set called "Contemporary Roses" from My Favorite Things.  I'm definitely getting a lot of use out of this stamp set lately!  It is just so perfect for mixed media and water coloring which I love to do!  To finish off my card, I added some pink rhinestones and sequins from my stash.  I really love how colorful this card looks and just loving the Tim Holtz distress inks which are so versatile to use!

Here are the Supplies Used:
Contemporary Roses - My Favorite Things
Spiced Marmalade - Tim Holtz Distress Ink
Peacock Feathers -Tim Holtz Distress Ink
Picked Raspberries - TIm Holtz Distress Ink

Have a wonderful Saturday and see all you next week!

Hugs,
Marcy

1 comments:

PaperDaisies

Wowsers! This card is so impressive. I love it. Have a great week. Hugs Nina

Post a Comment