Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Love You Sloooooow Much!

Good Morning Stampers!

I finally had enough of my no crafting streak and took time yesterday to make a card! This is the first thing I have made since the beginning of April so go easy on me - LOL! I forgot how relaxing it is to just sit and color and craft. I sure have missed it!

My daughter's birthday is coming up on October 24th so I wanted to make her a birthday card. I decided to go all out and figured since I have not made anything for so long and haven't touched a copic marker since April...what the heck...I will try something I have never done and just go for it. So I colored my image in the NO LINES technique!! I don't think it turned out to horrible for my first time but I still need lots of practice :)


I used the super adorable image from the Whimsy Wee Stamps Collection called Love You Slow Much. I love this one and hadn't inked it up yet. That snail is tooooo CUTE!! The scrabble tile looking letters are from Whimsy Stamps also and are called Spell It Out. These will be listed in the store soon!

Here are some close ups of my image...







I really LOVE how my little snail turned out :) I am not too sure about my fairy, I think her hair could be better. I think I tried too hard to not get the "banding" in her hair so my flicks were fatter than I wanted. Like I said I still need to practice :)

I also finished the inside too...


I used two different Tiddly Inks stamp sets to create the inside - the verse sentiment and hearts are from the stamp set called My I Love You and the Happy Birthday sentiment is from the stamp set called Ellie Says Happy Birthday. 

I used warm colors for my card this week since that is our Loves Rubberstamps Challenge to use Warm Colors on your card. So we hope you play along with us! We have some great sponsor prizes!

I also used this week's sketch from Sketch Saturday Challenge for my layout...


Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope now that I broke my no-crafting streak I will get back in the swing of making things on a regular basis again :)

Big Crafty Hugs!
Laura

I will be entering my project into the following challenges:

Sketch Saturday - Sketch #322 
Bunny Zoe's October Challenge - Animals
Kit and Clowder October Challenge - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Anything Goes
The Paper Girls Challenge - #66 Anything Goes
Stamping Sensations - Warm Autumn Colors
The Squirrel & The Fox - Happy Birthday
Di's Digi Designs Challenge - Mystical Creatures
Treasured Times Rubber Stamps & Scrapbooking - Anything Goes
Anything Goes With a Twist - Challenge 3 - Shimmer & Sparkle
Crafty Girls Challenges - Anything Goes
Aud Sentiments - Anything Goes
Crafty Little Fairies - October Challenge Only 1 Designer Paper

Here are the Supplies I used to create my card:





10 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat

OMGosh Yeah, this is so adorable, I love it. You don't look out of practice to me at all and I think her hair and your no lines came out fabulous. So happy you finally got crafty. Your daughter will love this.

Céline

soooo cute, love your coloring
thanks for playing with us at di's digi
hugs
céline

ionabunny

Never thought I would say it but that's a cute snail. Very sweet card. Hugz

Debra Miller

Stunning card! Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week! Hugs, Deb

Craftdee Donna

This is beautiful! I keep meaning to give the "no lines" technique a try, it has such a "storybook" look to it :-) Thanks for sharing in the "Mystical Creatures " challenge at Di's Digi Designs
Good luck and hope to see you in our next challenge too, Donna ♥

Dangina Martinez

No Lines?! WOW! Looks amazing! I so want to try this technique...

Anonymous

Awesome work!!! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

Lynne K

Wow, that's fabulous colouring, Laura, wish I could do that! Thank you for sharing your gorgeous card with us at Stamping Sensations for our Autumn challenge.

Lynne

Grenouille Greetings

WOW! Absolutely gorgeous colouring and lovely design features! It's hard to believe you haven't been crafting since April and this is your first no-lines project. It's stunning!!! I'm delighted you decided to play along with the Saturdays at Sketch Saturday with this lovely card. Hugs, Lesley

Helen

Fabulous card - love how you've managed to make the snail look cuddly!
Thanks for playing at the Crafty Little Fairies Challenge!
Helen x

Post a Comment