Monday, May 31, 2010

Faux Metal Tools - Father's Day

Good evening stampers! At midnight tonight the retiring list posts! This is one night I am glad I actually have to work since I wouldn't be able to sleep anyway - LOL! Be sure to check back tomorrow and I will have it posted for you so you can get the items on your wish list before they are gone!

In the meantime... I wanted to show you another card that we made at my May technique class featuring Faux Metal. This was a card we made for Father's Day. I cased this card from hmlopez on splitcoaststampers. I had to make my own overall pattern using her's as a guide. I also changed the colors and did my stitching and "denim" different. Turned out really cute!



Isn't that adorable? The faux metal technique was used to make the little tools in the pocket. I popped the heads of the tools up on dimensionals after cutting them out and also popped the top part of the pocket to make it look more 3D. The "denim" look was achieved by lightly sponging white craft ink over the night of navy cardstock. I love how it turned out! Here is what was used:

Stamp Sets: Totally Tool, King of the Grill (inside sentiment is Happy Father's Day)

Paper: Stampin Up! Night Of Navy, Blush Blossom, Hostess Level 1 Patterns Pack DSP, Sahara sand was used as the base for the faux metal technique

Ink: Stampin Up! Classic ink pads in White Craft Ink, Chocolate Chip (inside sentiment)

Accessories: Stampin Up! dimensionals, versamark, silver embossing powder, heat gun, jumbo eyelets pewter, black marker, cutter distress tool, crop-a-dile

Hope you enjoyed the card! Check back later this week and I will show you a card we made using a Gun Metal Technique & Faux Metal Tin Ceiling. Happy Stamping all!

Pin It

3 comments:

Crystal

What a clever idea and excellent execution! :) tfs

lifesabeach32940

Wow!! What an awesome card!! I would LOVE the template for the overalls if you wouldn't mind sharing. This is DEFINITELY one I'd like to try. :)

Laura Love

I will see if I can figure out how to post my pattern for you!

Post a Comment