Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Sense of Time - Mojo Time!

Hello everyone!

I had such a good time playing with the Mojo sketch from last week that I thought I would play again this week! They have the coolest sketches that really challenge your creativity. This week I wanted to use a stamp set that I love but have not used in quite awhile. I also wanted to start playing with the Faux Metal technique that I will be demonstrating at my next Technique class on May 25th. So I combined all of these elements and came up with this card:



I love the saying in this stamp set, it is one of my favorites: "Learn from yesterday, Live for today, Hope for tomorrow"

I made my own background using the Close As a Memory flowers. Stamped them in versamark on creamy caramel cardstock (retiring - so sad about this one!) then heat embossed with white embossing powder and sponged the edges in chocolate chip ink.

For the black panel I used a technique called Rainbow embossing which is a technique featured on one of the two FREE WOW Technique videos that you will get for free when you sign up to be a demonstrator. Click here for information you will need my password lovesrubberstamps to join! Here is a view that helps you see the shimmer on the black panel and the way the colors change using the rainbow embossing technique. Isn't that pretty? I then mounted that piece on vellum cardstock.



To do the top panel I stamped the saying in chocolate chip ink on the creamy caramel cardstock and then clear embossed it. I then used versamark ink and stamped the clock face over the saying. I clear embossed that and then sponged over the top of the panel using chocolate chip ink. This is called emboss resist technique. I love how it turned out! My cog wheels are done using the faux metal technique with gold embossing powder. Here is a view so you can get a better look at the cog wheels.



Here is the MOJO MONDAY sketch from week 138 that I used as inspiration for my card:



Here are the supplies used to create this card which you can order here:

Stamp Sets: Close as a Memory, Sense of Time

Paper: Stampin Up! Creamy Caramel, Basic Black, Vellum Cardstock

Ink: Stampin Up! Classic ink pads in Chocolate Chip

Accessories: Stampin Up! White, Gold & Clear embossing powders, Iridescent Ice, heat gun, dimensionals, versamark ink, & 5/8" chocolate chip grosgrain ribbon. Masterpiece ribbon set

Hope you enjoy the card! Have a great night all!

Pin It

2 comments:

Andrea Ewen

Very pretty, love those regal colors!

Crystal

Love the faux metal - great job!

Post a Comment