Monday, November 21, 2011

BRRRRR.....WINTER!

Good afternoon everyone!

This week is supposed to get COLDER & COLDER each day...BRRRR! I am still not ready for winter or snow! The ONLY place I like to see snow is on my cards - LOL :)

Today's card I made is for three different challenges. I came across this wonderful sketch challenge blog that features a new sketch each week for you to make a card with. I love card sketches because sometimes the layouts are the hardest thing to come up with, at least for me. The website is called FRESHLY MADE SKETCHES

I loved their sketch for this week and when I found it I only had 2 hours to get my entry in - YIKES! But luckily as soon as I saw the sketch I knew what I wanted to do so I hurried up and whipped out my card. Here it is:



I wanted to make my snowflake look cold & crisp and tempting turquoise is a perfect color to make it look frigid. Reminds me of the sky color on those super cold winter days! This card like I said was for three challenges. FIRST the Freshly Made Sketch Challenge FMS11, and then on splitcoaststampers it is for the Technique challenge this week TLC352, to have snow on your card, and the Clean and Simple challenge of a winter card, CAS145.

Here is what the sketch, FMS11, looked like from FRESHLY MADE SKETCHES that I used to create this card:



I loved it - very simple layout but it is very versatile which I love. I will definately be playing along with their challenges in the future! Check out their website!

Here is what I used on today's card:

Stampin Up! Stamp Sets: Serene Snowflakes, Merry Winter

Paper: Stampin Up! Tempting Turquoise, Basic Black, Whisper White, Vellum

Ink: Stampin Up! Classic ink pads in Basic Black, tempting Turquoise

Accessories: Stampin Up! Versamark, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Sponge dauber, Snowburst Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, 1 & 1 1/4" circle punches, dimensionals

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Be sure to visit each day because I have been busy in my stamp room and have LOTS of fun & cute Christmas cards coming up to share - you won't want to miss it!

Pin It

5 comments:

Linda Callahan

Love the snowflake and the embossing! Beautiful winter card! So glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Lesley

How pretty! Great way to accent the snowflake. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jen Timko

The emboss resist is perfect here! Wonderful! So glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches!

None None

What a great way to showcase the emboss resist technique - the snowflake really pops with the colors you used. Love the background as well. Thanks for playing along with Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Lauri

beautiful card! That is one of my favorite sets! and I agree...lets keep the snow on our cards this winter! Thanks for joining Freshly Made Sketches!

Post a Comment