Tuesday, November 22, 2011

CUTIE PATOOTIE - PENGUIN

Good afternoon everyone!

I have been busy in my stamp room designing cards for my upcoming Christmas Card Class, December 1st. I wanted to share one of the cards that we will be making. It is this CUTIE PATOOTIE PENGUIN card:



Isn't he the CUTEST? I think so! I got the penguin idea from pixiedustmom on splitcoaststampers. She did a super cute z-fold card using this style punch art penguin that you can see here. On my card the "ribbon" I used is actually a piece of the FROSTWOOD LODGE Designer Series Paper! It has some awesome flannel designs that make perfect "faux ribbon"

Here is a closer look at my cutie patootie penguin:



I can't wait to make more of them because they are super adorable! The color combination I used is from the Stampin Up Color Coach. This is an AWESOME tool to have because it gives you some coordinating color combinations for your designs. This color combination was featured on the MARINA MIST card and is the getting started combination. The colors are MARINA MIST, REAL RED & OLD OLIVE



If you don't have a Stampin Up Color Coach yet, you can purchase yours here. They are only $14.95 and are well worth it!

SPEAKING OF SHOPPING.... Stampin Up! has an AWESOME deal going on right now through November 30th called ONLINE EXTRAVAGANZA! You can get some great product bundles and special products up to 60% off! To see the featured products click HERE. After your done making your MUST HAVE list, shop online at my store. Don't forget to check the clearance rack also for more great deals!



Thanks for stopping by! Here are the products I used on my card:

Stampin Up! Stamp Sets: Merry Winter

Paper: Stampin Up! Old Olive, Real Read, Marina Mist, Frostwood Lodge Designer Series Paper, basic black, whisper white, daffodil delight, shimmer white

Ink: Stampin Up! Classic ink pads in old olive, pumpkin pie, white craft ink

Accessories: Stampin Up! Snowburst textured impressions embossing folder, big shot, color coach, white gel pen, dimensionals. PUNCHES USED: Extra large Oval, Large Oval, Scallop Circle Oval, Stocking builder, word window, owl builder punch.

Pin It

3 comments:

rubber stamps

wow beautiful projects...i love to see them again and again and much more....

Mike Lo

Very Informative! Thanks for the info on rubber stamps.

candy61429

Could you please email me on how to make the penguin? My email is candy@craftsbycandy.com
Thanks,
Candy

Post a Comment