Saturday, April 17, 2010

Baby Wipe Ink Pad Technique

Hi Everyone!

As I mentioned yesterday, of the techniques we will be doing in my April technique class coming up on the 28th is the Baby Wipe Technique. You can use a baby wipe to create fun backgrounds or a custom ink pad. Here is another one of the cards we will be making in class.

This card uses the BABY WIPE INK PAD technique. You take a baby wipe and fold it into a square. Mine was about 3 inches by 3 inches. You take re-inkers and place drops in a random pattern covering the square. Then you ink your stamp using your baby wipe ink pad. You will want to be sure to have your baby wipe on a hard surface like a plastic plate because it will bleed through.

This picture is taken from the side so you can really see the way the colors look from our custom ink pad.



I wanted to add a little bling so I used iridescent ice on the flowers which you can't see well from the side view so here is a front view so you can see the shimmer.



I wanted to play with our current in colors, so that is what I used on this card. The Rich Razzleberry & Melon Mambo will be becoming part of the core color line in the next catalog! I am excited because these colors are so fun to play with! If you want to try one here is what I used:

Stamp Sets: Stampin Up! Upsy Daisy

Paper: Stampin Up! whisper white, rich razzleberry, crushed curry, melon mambo, basic black

Ink: Stampin Up! Re-inkers in rich razzleberry, crushed curry, melon mambo, classic ink pads in rich razzleberry & crushed curry

Accessories: Stampin Up! Scallop Trim punch, key tag punch, white gel pen, versamarker, iridescent ice, dimensionals

Happy Stamping!

Pin It

3 comments:

Julie B

This is cute! I like the little white dot accents on the scallop edge.

Shari Winterstein

I really like this card and the way you used the white gel pen. Thanks for blessing my day! :)

Crystal

I really like how this turned out - great job! :)

Post a Comment