Friday, April 9, 2010

Loads Of Love Birthday Card



Here is a fun card that I made for my Dad's birthday. It is a little late so I hope he doesn't mind! Before starting my stamping I tore the edges of each side from both the very vanilla & close to cocoa cardstock. For the coloring I used my Stampin Up! classic ink pads with the blender pen. I wanted a look that was kind of between watercolor and marker. After coloring the truck I masked off the top to just under the tires using post it notes and then sponged chocolate chip ink for the road and around all the edges of both the vanilla & close to cocoa pieces. It might be a little hard to see but for the sky I very lightly sponged bashful blue around the top of a punched scallop oval for clouds. I used iridescent ice on the candle, flames & top frosting and jumbo pewter eyelets for the tires. I thought it turned out really cute!

Stamps Sets: Loads of Love, Loads of Love Accessories & Voila

Paper:Very Vanilla, Close To Cocoa (retiring) & Ruby Red (retiring)

Ink: Stampin Up! Classic ink pads in Ruby Red, Classic Black, Blush Blossom

Accessories: Stampin Up! Markers in Not quite Navy, Garden Green, Ruby red, Old Olive, Summer Sun, Pumpkin Pie, chocolate Chip & Close to cocoa; Blender pen, iridescent ice, versamarker, heat gun, crop-a-dile, Jumbo Pewter Eyelets, sponges & Stampa-ma-jig.

Thanks for looking!

Pin It

2 comments:

Crystal

What a GREAT idea!! Congrats on your new blog - hope it goes well for you! :)

Unknown

Oh my gosh love that cake on its way to a special birthday girl or boy! And your new blog is well on its way to being a hit! Thanks for joining our blog surfing thread on Stampin' Connection! ~Jacqueline @ Scraps of Life

Post a Comment