Sunday, February 13, 2011

Check out my Punch Art HONEY BEE!

Good afternoon all!
I am SUPER excited to show you my card today! I designed a really cute HONEY BEE using Stampin Up! punches! I think it turned out adorable!



What do you think? Here are the punches I used to make the bee:

Head: 1 1/4" circle
Eyes: Boho Blossoms flower but between petals like a tear drop
Nose: Circle from Two Step Owl
Body: Ornament Punch with the little tab cut off
Wings: Two Step Bird Punch (the wings)
Legs & Arm: Swirls & Scribbles Die
Antennaes: The stem from Two Step Bird Punch
Hearts on Antennaes from the Two Step Owl Punch

For the wings I stamped the flourish from Priceless in versamark onto vellum cardstock then heat embossed with heat & stick powder then Dazzling Diamonds. After I did that then I punched them out. The "honeycomb" I made using the plastic from the top of a clementine box when you buy the oranges. This is my entry for this week's Mojo Monday sketch challenge week 177. Here is the sketch:



Hope you try a bee...they are super cute! If you do be sure and leave a message with your creation I would love to see it!

Stampin Up! Stamp Sets: Define Your Life, Just Buzzin' By, Priceless

Paper: Stampin Up! Crumb Cake, Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Chocolate Chip, Basic Black, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Whisper White, Watercolor paper

Ink: Stampin Up! Classic ink pads in Soft Suede, Chocolate Chip, More Mustard

Accessories: Stampin Up! Versamark, Dazzling Diamonds, Heat & Stick Powder, white gel pen, pastels, stampin write marker black, Punches listed above in description, word window punch, dimensionals, versamarker, heat tool, Big shot, Swirls & Scribbles die, stamp-a-ma-jig, Aqua painters, watercolor pencils

Pin It

4 comments:

Patti

Your bumble bee is adorable. Very creative.

Julee (Vervegirl)

Just darling! What a fun little bee! The linky servers were being upgraded today, but they're working now, so I've linked your card up to the Mojo Monday entry form. Thanks for playing! :)

Rose Castillo

Just to adorable. Great job.

Leena Girsa

This is so adorable! Now following your blog from SC #342...hope you'll return the favor when you get a chance. http://alacards.blogspot.com

Post a Comment