Friday, March 18, 2011

Inspiration Challenge is posted!

Good evening everyone!

I am super excited because like I said in my last post, I suggested this week's website for the Inspiration Challenges that is posted at splitcoaststampers every Saturday. Everytime I look at the Kirklands website I see so many neat textures and designs that would make awesome cards. The challenge posted early so I can share my card!

Here is my card for the Kirklands Inspiration Challenge IC276 at splitcoaststampers



This is the trio of vases from Kirkland's that inspired my card:



As soon as I saw these I instantly thought of Stampin Up's Very Vanilla, Marina Mist,
Soft Suede and Early Espresso colors. Then I noticed the flourish looked a lot like the flourish from Elements of style! I love how it turned out! When I showed my husband he was like WOW... that looks just like it!

I needed a good card layout that used panels so I dug through the different card sketch challenges that splitcoast also puts on and ended up using their card sketch challenge #82. Here is the layout:



I had a very hard time picking one thing that I wanted to base a card on... Kirklands is a website I will definately look to for inspiration whenever I am in a slump! Thanks for using the site Stephanie! I look forward to seeing all the talented stampers out there and seeing what they come up with! Be sure to play along!

Stampin Up! Stamp Sets: Elements of Style & Just Believe

Paper: Stampin Up! Very Vanilla, Marina Mist, Soft Suede, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake

Ink: Stampin Up! Classic ink pads in Early Espresso

Accessories: Stampin Up! Versamark, Clear embossing powder, heat tool, sponges, stamp-a-ma-jig, early espresso grosgrain ribbon, eyelet border punch

Pin It

3 comments:

Rita W

Lovely! You totally captured the look of your inspiration picture and turned it into an awesome card!

Unknown

Love that, and spot on CASE of the vases!! Following you through SC. I'm #380. Happy Stamping! cardsandmorebysheri.blogspot.com

Peggy

Great card, following you from SC #381
Peggy Finney my blog is www.stampinpeg.blogspot.com

Post a Comment