Thursday, September 8, 2011

Gorgeous SCRUNCH FLOWERS

Good Afternoon Everyone!

I am SUPER EXCITED because I just had a whole box of NEW STAMPS and PLAYTHINGS delivered from Stampin Up! YAY! I have been waiting impatiently for it to get here :)

While I was waiting I made this gorgeous scrunch flower card using poppy parade cardstock. I have tried a few different versions of the scrunch flower and this is my favorite way to do them. They look so soft and scrunch up really nice. You can do these with different types of flower punches or scallops. The one I used for this is the smaller Stampin Up! Scallop punch - 1 3/4". There is an awesome photo tutorial by Julie Buhler on making these flowers. The layout was inspired by this card I saw that was designed by Theresa Momber.



I wanted my sentiment to pop a little bit off the sponged background but not a lot so I just stamped the sentiment on very vanilla and then punched it using the large oval punch but then just layered it flat on the card. I wanted the focal piece to be that gorgeous flower! I am excited to do these in other colors and with some other punches! I also thought this would make a pretty Christmas card too if you change the sentiment :) Hope you try some of these pretty flowers!

Stampin Up! Stamp Sets: Elements of Style

Paper: Stampin Up! Very vanilla, Poppy Parade, Old Olive

Ink: Stampin Up! Classic ink pads in Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, versamark

Accessories: Stampin Up! 1 3/4" scallop circle punch, 5-Petal flower punch, large oval punch, clear embossing powder, heat tool, glitter brads in basics, paper piercer, mat pack, sponges, sticky strip.

Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment