Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Frame Illusion - Elements of Style

I love this new stamp set that is featured in the SUMMER MINI CATALOG called Elements of Style. I finally had a chance to play with it. I follow a blog done by a very talented lady named Michelle Zindorf. She does some amazing cards and creates a step-by-step tutorial to show you how to do them. One of my favorite cards she did was one that had a frame illusion. It looks like a painting in an ornate wood frame and appears to pop right off the page. When I saw this stamp set in the mini I knew I had to use it to make a card like that! Here is my card....



I love how it turned out! I decided to use a technique called poppin pastels to color my hummingbird. I stamped it in versamark and then rubbed pastel chalk over the versamark. It really grabs the colors of the chalk. I then cut it out and popped it on dimesnionals. The rest of the card is completely flat! How cool is that?

To see how this card is done and to see my inspiration check out Michelle Zindorf's tutorial - click here

My card uses all stamps from the Elements of Style stamp set. With my card I wanted my flourishes to stay on just the "frame" part and not carry over to the canvas so when I inked those in versamark I had a post it note covering my "canvas".

Here are the colors I used on my card:

Flowers - done in crushed curry with blender pen, mellow moss & old olive (marker) on the leaves
Canvas - Sahara Sand - sponging around the edges in chocolate chip to soften it
FRAME - versamark flourishes then embossed with clear embossing powder, sponged close to cocoa first then chocolate chip on outside to darken, my shadow edge for the canvas is chocolate chip
HUMMINGBIRD - stamped in versamark then used Stampin pastels in summer sun, lovely lilac, ruby red, garden green

Here is a list of supplies used:

Stamp Sets: Elements of Style

Paper: Stampin Up! Basic black, Cajun Craze (new upcoming color!), Whisper white

Ink: Stampin Up! Classic ink pads in Sahara Sand, close to cocoa, chocolate chip, crushed curry, mellow moss, versamark

Accessories: Stampin Up! Stampin pastels, blender pen, dimensionals, clear emobossing powder, heat gun, sponges, chocolate chip stampin write marker

Hope you try one out!! Night all!

Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment