Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Spotlighting - Elements of Style

Evening everyone!

My NEW Stampin Up! catalog came today!! YAY! I haven't opened my box yet because I am waiting until after I get this post done and supper made because I will be looking at it for hours - LOL! For my June technique class we will be doing a technique called spotlighting so I started to play with the technique. Spotlighting is where you have a black and white image or any other color you want and only color a small section. Here is a card that I made using the Elements of Style stamp set and the new cherry cobbler paper - yum! I love the new colors!



My spotlight on this card is done using the butterfly punch and then popped up on pop dots to match the section of the image that I colored. The embossing folder is sqaure lattice from the summer mini. I was inspired by a card done by Karen B Barber on splitcoast.

Here is what I used to make mine:

Stamp Sets: Elements of Style

Paper: Stampin Up! whisper white, cherry cobbler, basic black

Ink: Stampin Up! Classic ink pads in basic black, ruby red, old olive, chocolate chip

Accessories: Stampin Up! square lattice embossing folder, butterfly punch, dimensionals, slot punch, scallop oval punch, large oval punch, 1/4" basic black grosgrain ribbon

This will be one of the cards we will make at my June Technique class! It will be a fun class also featuring reverse spotlighting, faux wood, & punch art dog cards! See my event calendar for full details here! Come join us!

Pin It

10 comments:

Unknown

Beautiful card. I am just in love with elements of style. Am getting ready to go through the rest of your blog.

hope you will follow mine.

http://papercreationsbykaren.blogspot.com/

Julie DiMatteo

This is beautiful!!! Love this stamp set and the colors are great.

Beebeebabs

Very nice card tfs

Naomi

I love the spotlighting technique, but I have never tried it with a shape other than circles or squares! Wow! Great job. I can't wait to try.

New Follower from SC...

Shanda Stirk

Your colors and design are fabulous!

Patty

I love this card with the spotlight technique. simply beautiful!

I am just getting around to commenting on the blogs I'm now following through Stampin' Connection. I invite you to follow me as well (if you are not already) at http://www.rocpaperstamps.blogspot.com

helloholley

gorgeous!!! I'm following from SC!!!

Chanda

So pretty! Thank you for sharing! I am one of your followers from Stampin' Connection. (I'm the one that started the Follow Me thread) I have a small favor to ask, please. I had to switch over my website (it used to be BellevueStampingClub) and lost all of my followers from SC. Would you be so kind as to go to my new site listed below and RE-follow me, please? You may have to copy and paste the link. Thanks so much! I really appreciate it!

Chanda Stehlik
www.OneCraftyMommy.com

AnnMarie

Gorgeous card! Following along from VA! :)

Charlene

A butterfly shaped spotlight! So creative! End result is gorgeous. Thanks for the comment on my blog (www.stampinallaround.blogspot.com) I'm following you now too :)

Post a Comment