Monday, June 7, 2010

WANTED - Punch Art Card

Good Evening all!

I was going to post this card for you this morning but blogger seemed to be down for awhile. This is the 4th card we made in my faux metal technique class. I wanted to demonstrate the GUN METAL technique because I love the look of it and when I saw this card done by carriejoe I knew I had to make one myself and use gun metal for his hat star.

Here is a close up of what the gun metal technique looks like:



HOW TO DO THE GUN METAL TECHNIQUE:
Materials - Chipboard, Encore ink pad, Glassy glaze enamel, heat gun
STEP 1 - Choose your chipboard shape
Step 2 - Cover the front of your chipboard piece with silver or gold encore ink, using the encore ink pad. I used the silver on mine. Easiest way to do this is to lay your chipboard down on scratch paper and then rub or press your encore pad onto it. Do this until your piece is completely covered in ink.
STEP 3 - Cover your chipboard with glassy glaze enamel
STEP 4 - Heat the glassy glaze until it bubbles, then let it cool & Wahlah - gun metal!
Optional Step - After your piece is cooled you can rub some black ink over the gun metal with a sponge to age it a bit - I did not do this on either of my pieces. If you don't have glassy glaze you can substitue UTEE (ultra thick embossing enamel) they are similiar in consistency, the glassy glaze is a little finer but really close.

Here is my finished card:



Isn't he the cutest? Here is what I used to make the little wanted dude. The hat was made using the Stampin Up! Top note die. I cut one in close to cocoa cardstock and then cut it in half to use for the hat. The hat brim is made using 2 long leaves from the Sizzix Leaves #2 die. I just cut a small strip of chocolate chip for the hat stripe. All hat pieces are sponged with chocolate chip ink for dimension. His face was an oval cut out in blush blossom using the coluzzle. His mask is also 2 leaves without the stems from the Sizzix Leaves #2 die in basic black. Then I punched 2 white circles with the 3/4" circle punch, his nose and the blacks of his eyes are punched with the 1/2" circle punch. His nose is popped on dimensionals to peek over the wanted sign. I used a white gel pen to make the highlight on his pupils.

This is a really fun card to make and he is sooo cute! Hope you try one!

Stamp Sets: Wanted

Paper: Stampin Up! Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Basic Black, Bluch Blossom, Whisper White, Very Vanilla

Ink: Stampin Up! Classic ink pads in Chocolate Chip, Creamy caramel, encore silver ink pad

Accessories: Stampin Up! Chipboard stsr from the On Board Essentials set, Sizzix top note die, Sizziix Leaves #2 die, coluzzle, 3/4" & 1/2" circle punches, dimensionals, distress edger, vintage brads, glassy glaze enamel, heat gun

Have a great night all!

Pin It

5 comments:

Crystal

Oh, I totally *LOVE* this idea and it's a perfect card to showcase it - great job! :)

Chanda

OMGosh! This is the cutest thing ever!!! I LOVE it! Thank you for sharing!

Chanda Stehlik
www.bellevuestampingclub.com

p.s. Following you now! :)

Unknown

love this Laura.

Andrea

Following you from SC, great cards!

http://andreahook.blogspot.com/

Amy Rogers

How cute!!! I'm following you...
Amy
http://amysstampincreations.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment