Sunday, June 6, 2010

Pretty Tulips - Faux Metal Tin Ceiling

Afternoon stampers!

I wanted to share the 3rd card that we did at my faux metal technique class featuring Faux Metal Tin Ceiling. This is such an elegant background I absolutely LOVE it!

Here is the card:



Turned out really pretty I think! I drew my inspiration from a lady by the name of Diana Gibbs. She did a gorgeous card using this same technique and color scheme and even put together an awesome tutorial video on how to do this technique. If you want to see the tutorial that she put together click here:

FAUX METAL TIN CEILING

To make the background I used the Textured Impressions FINIAL PRESS embossing folder.

My vase and tulips were made using Stampin Up! punches. To create the vase take the ornament punch and punch out an ornament. Snip off the pointed end so it is flat. I embossed mine with the same embossing folder as the background for added texture. The tulips were made using the Stampin Up! Two-Step bird punch. You punch 3 of his wings in whatever color you want your tulips to be. Mine were done in crushed curry. You can sponge the edges of your flowers if you want also. Be sure to layer them so your two wing tips for the outside petals are both facing the outside, the middle one doesn't matter. glue them together. Then punch a stem of leaves from the same bird punch for your flower stems. I popped my tulip heads on dimensionals.

Here is the full list of products used:

Stamp Sets: None! All punches!

Paper: Stampin Up! Bashful Blue, Basic Black, Whisper White, Crushed Curry, Old Olive, Sahara Sand was used for my tin ceiling base

Ink: Stampin Up! Silver Embossing powder & Versamark

Accessories: Stampin Up! Textured Impressions Embossing Folder - FINIAL PRESS, Two-Step Bird Punch, Ornament punch, dimensionals, 2-way glue pen

I love how this card turned out! This is a beautiful technique and I hope you try one and put a link to your card in your comment.

Pin It

2 comments:

Crystal

Very pretty and it totally looks realistic!! tfs

Shari Winterstein

I really like this card. Nice job of doing faux tiles and the flowers are great. Thanks for blessing my evening. I just signed up to follow your blog! :)

Post a Comment