Friday, December 3, 2010

Good Cheer Vintage Santa

I am really loving the vintage look for Christmas cards this year. I designed this card for my Christmas card stamp-a-sack. I love how it turned out! This is a quick and simple card that looks like a lot of work. The colors I choose are from a color challenge that is done each week on splitcoaststampers. This is their color challenge 298 featuring cherry cobbler, chocolate chip, crumb cake. Sounds like a fancy dessert, doesn't it? LOL!

Here is the color scheme color swatch from the splitcoast site:



Here is my card:




The layout I used is called a tent topper card. This was also a sketch callenge put on by splitcoast quite awhile ago. It was challenge 134. Here is the card sketch:



Be sure to visit the splitcoaststampers website and do a search in there gallery on these two challenges and see lots of other examples! You would type in CC298 for the color challenge and SC134 for the sketch.

Now I need to try and design some more traditional color schemed cards for my stamp-a-sack and go get some dessert....LOL!

Here is what I used to make my card:

Stampin Up! Stamp Sets: Good Cheer, Winter Post

Paper: Stampin Up! Cherry Cobbler, Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla

Ink: Stampin Up! Classic ink pads in Chocolate Chip, Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso

Accessories: Stampin Up! Pretty Petals embossing folder, blender pen, dimensionals, designer label punch, sponges

Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment