Monday, April 4, 2011

Birthday Bakery Awning Card

Good morning everyone!

I had a chance yesterday to do some stamping and decided to make some challenge cards!

I came across a website called Create with Connie & Mary and they post some challenges each week using Stampin Up! only products. I thought it would be fun to try.

This week they gave you this picture of a cake for inspiration:



Here is my card:



I have been wanting to try one of these Awning Cards for awhile and thought this was a perfect time to make one! I used the blue & white stripes from the cake as my awning colors. The gold swirls on the cake inspired my "building wall" and of course you have to have lots of yummy cakes in the "window". It is hard to see in the picture but on my white frosting areas I used iridescent ice to make them sparkle. Lots of fun! This was the first time I got to use the Birthday Bakery Hostess exclusive set. It is super cute! Get your's by hosting a workshop, or by placing an order of $150 or more because they earn hostess credits also! Contact me for more information!

Here is what I used on my card:

Stampin Up! Stamp Sets: Birthday Bakery - Hostess Exclusive Set, Elements of Style

Paper: Stampin Up! Pacific Point, Whisper White

Ink: Stampin Up! Classic ink pads in Versamark, Pacific Point, Real Red, Basic Black, Baja Breeze

Accessories: Stampin Up! Blender Pens, Word Window Punch, Gold Embossing Powder, Heat tool, Iridescent Ice, Versamarker, Chocolate Chip Stampin Write Marker, dimesnionals, 2-Way Glue Pen

Pin It

8 comments:

Patti

Love your design and colors. Great take on the inspiration photo.

Debbie Henderson

Beautiful gold swirls! Great card! Thanks for joining us at Create with Connie & Mary!

Deb

Great card! I love the stripes on the awning and the gold swirls! Perfect! Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

Mary Brown

Wow...I love everything from your white and blue awning to your embossed gold swirls! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Connie

LOVE this...the awning looks great in those colors! Thanks for playing along with us on Create with Connie and Mary!

Lisa Martz

So cute! Love the little "bakery" look! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary challenge!

~Erica~

Love it! Great job coloring, I am terrible at that! Thanks for playing at Create With Connie and Mary!

Anonymous

Thank you...stay tuned for more!
I love it....great job...
Bakery Equipment

Post a Comment