Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Frame Illusion Hydrangea

Good Morning everyone!

One of my favorite Hostess sets in the current Idea Book is Because I Care. It features this stunning hydrangea flower stamp. I haven't played with it for quite awhile so I thought I would break it out and make a few things with it. Here is one of the cards that I made with it...



This card is made using the Frame Illusion technique that I learned how to do from a super talented lady named Michelle Zindorf. She is an amazing artist and creates very easy to follow tutorials on her blog. She posted a tutorial quite awhile ago on this technique which you can see here.

I think I haven't played with the Because I Care stamp set very much because the flower to me seemed a little intimidating to color. The way I did mine for this card was super simple! I inked my stamp with versamark and then the flower head I inked with Elegant Eggplant. I then used my Old Olive marker to ink the leaves and stem and then stamped it in the center of my panel. I then clear embossed the flower. Then I colored my leaves and stem using my old olive marker. I used a blender pen and perfect plum ink to color the flower head. Because the blender pen fades out when it starts running out of ink it created the shading and hue changes for me. I then went over the whole thing with a versamarker and clear embossed again. That is it! I used the flourish from Elements of Style on my frame. The rest I just followed Michelle's tutorial. I did use a chocolate chip marker for my shadow because I don't have the soft suede but the rest is pretty much the same. Be sure to check back tomorrow when I show you my second card that I made with the Because I Care Stamp Set! Have a great day!

Here is what I used on my card:

Stampin Up! Stamp Sets: Because I Care Hostess Set, Elements of Style

Paper: Stampin Up! Elegant Eggplant, Very Vanilla, Whisper White

Ink: Stampin Up! Classic ink pads in Elegant Egglant, Sahara Sand, Soft Suede, Chocolate Chip, Perfect Plum, Early Espresso

Accessories: Stampin Up! Versamark, Versamarker, heat tool, clear embossing powder, post it notes, Scallop Oval punch, large oval punch, dimensionals, sponges, ruler, stampin write chocolate chip marker

Pin It

2 comments:

Kerry Parkinson

Totally gorgeous card! Love your colours.

Anonymous

Gorgeous Laura! Love it!

Post a Comment