Thursday, April 7, 2011

Sweet Spring Pick Up!

Good morning everyone!

Hope your day is going well so far! I am just about ready to hit the sack after a long night at work! With the days getting a little warmer I have been in the mood to create some sweet spring & summer cards. I think the Loads of Love Set is super cute and thought a little flower truck would be cute so here is what I came up with:



Isn't that the cutest little pick up? I used a piece of the bashful blue retired hostess exclusive designer paper that I found in my stash to paper piece the pick up. You can use any designer series paper you want to match the theme of your card! That is what makes the paper piecing technique so fun on this little pick up! It is really easy to do just stamp the truck image image on whisper white. I then colored the tires, bumpers, and created the "dirt". Then I restamped the truck on the pattern paper and then cut it out and glued right over the top of the previous truck image. The oval I cut using my coluzzle. To make the chocolate chip oval I just cut the next coluzzle size up from the one around my truck then free hand cut it down so the layer wasn't as large and because I can't cut in a perfect oval.... I distressed the edge to hide the bumps :)

This color combination is also one from the Color Coach....
Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery & Chocolate Chip love these colors together!



Hope you have a great day! Thanks for taking a peak!

Here is what I used:

Stampin Up! Stamp Sets: Loads of Love

Paper: Stampin Up! Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White

Ink: Stampin Up! Classic ink pads in basic black, old olive, chocolate chip, basic gray, real red

Accessories: Stampin Up! blender pen, chocolate chip grosgrain ribbon, finial press embossing folder, big shot, coluzzle, distressing tool

Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment