Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Calm After The Storm

Hi Everyone! I am EXCITED to share my card with you today because I created it for inspiration for the new, re-vamped Loves Rubberstamps Blog Challenges! This weeks challenge is called APRIL SHOWERS and to play you just create a card, scrapbook page, or other papercrafting project that is ANYTHING shower related! See all the details including what you can win in this post here - Blog Challenge #1 - April Showers

Here is my card:

I sponged the entire background using a lot of different Stampin Up! Ink Pads and my Umbrella is the new release C.C. Designs Cutters Die - Umbrella. After running the die through my cuttlebug I added score lines for dimension to look like the umbrella panels and then "popped" it using dimensionals on my card. The photograph that I was inpired by reminded me of the peaceful, calm stillness after an April rainstorm on the beach which is what I wanted to capture in my card. I chose the sentiment as a reminder to cherish the simple, beautiful things in life like a gorgeous landscape picture.

The photograph was one that I saw on Pinterest and had pinned to my CARD INSPIRATIONS BOARD. I love doing scenery cards so you will see a lot of pretty landscape pictures on there. You will also see some pretty cakes because I am inspired by those too...LOL! And if you check a little further into my pinterest boards you will see I have a ton of desserts to try recipes...way more than my food food ones... *blush*

Here is the photograph that inspired my card today, it is called "Colourful Morning by Noval Nugraha"

Here is what I used on my card - items that can currently be purchased in our store, Loves Rubberstamps, will have the clickable links :)

C.C. Designs Cutters Umbrella Die
Cherish Stamp is from a set by Clear Art Stamps

Cardstock Used:
Stampin Up! - Whisper White & Pumpkin Pie

Stampin Up! Inks Used:
Peach Parfait
Calypso Coral
Summer Sun
Basic Gray
Pink Pirouette
Pretty In Pink
Melon Mambo
Lavender Lace
Elegant Eggplant
Basic Black
Night of Navy

I also used a Spectrum Noir Alcohol Ink Marker in True Black from the Essentials Set, sponges, Stampin Up! Dimensionals and lots and lots of post it notes :)

I hope you enjoy the card today and play along in this week's challenge! Happy Stamping! - Laura

Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment