Thursday, April 12, 2012

Club Kid...Life is what you make it

Hello everyone!

Today I have a card to share.... YAY! I made this last night while I was trying to find things to keep myself awake due to only having 2 1/2 hours of sleep in two days thanks to my outside job...but that is a whole other story that I won't bore you with here! After working 2 - 12 hour shifts (7am - 7pm Tuesday then... 3am to 3pm...Wednesday and 2 1/2 hrs of sleep in between) this is what I made....



It is an easel card that I made for the Whimsy Stamps Challenge Blog

Whimsy Stamps is one of my favorite companies (that is why I carry them in my store obviously - LOL) Their artist line up is AMAZING! Each has their own unique line with images that are so fun to create with.

One of my favorite lines is from the KennyK Collection...the Glam Gang Series! I used the Club Kid image for my card. I colored it using my Spectum Noir Alcohol Ink Markers on the Crafter's Companion Cardstock and then cut her out so she could be popped against the background to give it a more 3D look. I completed my easel card background and bottom of my card by stamping it with the Street Art Background from the Raindrop Echo Designs Sentiments Collection. This was just made for this series I swear :)

My ticket saying is also from the Raindrop Echo Designs Sentiments Collection and is called The Fun Life Tickets which I swear are also made for this series by KennyK!

After putting it together I felt the left side corner needed a subtle "pop" so I added the little red heart punchie. I really love how this card turned out!

Here is a close up of my Club Kid image that I colored:



I am still in the learning phase of coloring and shading with alcohol ink markers but I thought she turned out pretty good! There is an amazing and talented lady named Suzanne Dean who is my coloring hero! She has a great blog with some awesome tutorials on coloring with copics. Copics are still on my "wish list" so I just used what I have.

I hope you like the card today! I love the saying on the ticket because I needed some positive inspiration after having a stressful few days at my outside job! Makes me more determined to make my dream of turning Loves Rubberstamps into my only "job" because as the ticket says... Life is what you make it...

Happy Stamping Everyone!

Products Used: Bolded Blue products can be purchased in my store, Loves Rubberstamps

Stamps:
Club Kid - Whimsy Stamps KennyK Collection
Street Art Background - Whimsy Stamps Raindrop Echo Sentiments Collection
The Fun Life Tickets - Whimsy Stamps Raindrop Echo Sentiments Collection

Also Used:
Spectrum Noir Alcohol Ink Markers
Stampin Up! Pretty In Pink, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, & Real Red Cardstock
Stampin Up! Heart To Heart Punch
Crafter's Companion Ultra Smooth Premium White Cardstock for Alcohol Markers
Stampin Up! Dimensionals
Stampin Up! Glitter Brads
Uni-Ball Signo White Gel Pen

Inks Used:
Momento Tuxedo Black
Stampin Up! Early Espresso, Pretty In Pink, Crumb Cake


Pin It

2 comments:

Unknown

Awww what a sweet thing to say about us. We love the card.

We would like to thank you for Entering Whimsy Stamps inspirations Challenge.

We hope to see you back next week. Winner will be announced Wed.
Best of Luck Always,

Hugs from DT Member For Whimsy Stamps Tammy Ortiz

Doreen

This is just gorgeous,love the image and great layout.Thanks for sharing this with us at Whimsy Stamps.xxx

Post a Comment