Sunday, May 20, 2012

My Sunday Shares - May 20th

Good Morning Everyone!
Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend so far! Before I show my gorgeous finds for this week I do want to remind you that you have until May 25th to get in your application for becoming a member of our very first Design Team! You do not need prior experience on a team so if you have been wanting to try out for one...we would love to have you :) You can read all about the requirements and the goodies you get for being a member on this blog post.
For today's first share I came across this super adorable card made by the very talented - Julia Aston while I was looking around Splitcoaststampers the other day and just loved it! This is a simple card that packs a big "wow" factor from her use of white embossing powder on her image and a beautiful white die cut tree.

This really catches your eye! Julia's card is created using a Mo Manning Stamp called Bye Bye Boy from Stamping Bella.
Now if you think THAT Julia's card is adorable... you need to check out her blog post about her inspiration for this card... then you will see why her card is so cute :)
If you have some time visit Julia's Blog, Create With Me. Like I said earlier, Julia is a very talented paper crafter and she serves on a few different design teams for some great companies. She has a lot of very beautiful and inspiring projects on her blog.
The second paper artist I came across is also extremely talented and even has her own business selling her amazing cards, called Arty Carty Handmade Cards. Her name is Stephanie Lee and she was kind enough to let me share TWO of her cards because they were both so adorable I would never have been able to decide which one to share!
This first one is a super cute idea for Father's Day, which will be here before you know it! I really love the newspaper print background and the way Stephanie colored her image. The image really "pops" with her use of color against the neutral background.

The image that Stephanie used is from one of my favorite lines from Crafter's Companion called Humphrey's Corner Collection. This particular image she used is called Father's Day and will be in our store, in the near future.
The second card of Stephanie's that I adored is an interactive card which are always a fun twist. This style is called a Hinge Card and there was a technique challenge on splitcoaststampers that was on this style card.

I love the way that Stephanie colored her image and the way she did the fur on the puppy. This image is from the Strawberry Kisses Collection from Crafter's Companion and is called Gorgeous. Which is fitting because that is what this card is... Gorgeous!
Here is the "hinge" part of the card open so you can see the greeting.

Isn't that cool? If you want to learn more about either one of Stephanie's cards you can read her blog posts on them. Here are the links for the Humphrey Card and the Gorgeous Strawberry Kisses card. Stephanie also has a lot of other amazing projects too so be sure to browse around her blog, The Arty Carty Blog with Stephanie Lee.
I hope you all enjoyed today's shares. These two ladies both are amazingly talented and I hope you will visit their sites! A huge thank you to both Julia and Stephanie for allowing me to share their adorable creations with you as well!
I am off to pack a few orders up, add some new goodies that arrived into the store and then will hopefully have a chance to ink up some stamps and play around for a bit! Enjoy the rest of your day - Laura

Pin It


















2 comments:

Julia Aston

Hi Laura! thanks so much for highlighting me today! what a thrill and I appreciate your lovely comments on my card! You really can't go wrong with the adorable Mo Manning images!

And I enjoyed Staphanie's cards as well - what sweet images she used - and fun style cards!

Steph Lee (Arty Carty)

Thanks Laura for showcasing my cards and for such kind comments! It's a real honor! and I'm a fan of Julia's work at WMS - beautiful card Julia!

Post a Comment