Saturday, August 2, 2014

A Watercolored Sympathy card!

Hello and Happy Saturday all!   It's Marcy and I have a watercolored card to share with you today! 

Here it is...


This is a sympathy card I made for a friend.  It features Contemporary Roses which is an MFT stamp set designed by Mona Pendleton.   This is such a gorgeous set and so versatile! When I first saw this stamp set, I thought it would perfect for this occasion!  I also thought the images from this set would look beautiful in watercolor so that's what I ended up doing.  For the roses and leaves, I decided to stamp them using some white embossing powder and then watercolored over them with my Koi watercolor paint set.  I cut out my flowers and then put them up on some dimensionals. I also added some Wink of Stella in clear to make these roses nice and shimmery.  For the background, I used some of my Tim Holtz distress inks mixed with water to give the background a watercolor effect.  I also took a small paintbrush and splattered it in random spots on my card for more interest.  I really love using my watercolor paint set but also love how distress inks can also be used to give a watercolor effect which is just as pretty!

Here are the Supplies Used:
 Contemporary Roses - (Mona Pendleton Design) MFT
Peacock Feathers - Tim Holtz Distress Ink
Spun Sugar -Tim Holtz Distress Ink
Shaded Lilac - Tim Holtz Distress Ink
Picked Raspberry-Tim Holtz Distress Ink

Be sure to stop by the Loves Rubberstamps store to see the items used on my card and all of the fantastic MFT stamp sets.  Also, we have a new "Sensational Sunday" blog hop which starts tomorrow so make sure to come back soon!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!

Hugs,
Marcy

0 comments:

Post a Comment