Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Mug O' Yummy Marshmallows

Hi Stampers!

Today is Inspiration Day at The Cutting Cafe! This week we were using the super fun, new file called Winter Bingo Cards. I loved this set because it comes with Bingo Cards in 3 different sizes and in both colored and non-colored versions. The colors in this set are really pretty too! I have to admit that my project is totally not what I had in mind originally when I was planning it. It kind of took on a life of it's own - LOL!

I wanted to use one of the Bingo Cards for a background panel so I ended up choosing the colored large version of the Brr Brr Brr titled card. This is a really pretty gray and blue colored so that is what I paired it with for my cardstock and paper choices. In order to make it work for my layer piece I trimmed the last two Bingo lines off. I sponged the edges and then used my paper piercer. My designer papers are from an Echo Park paper pack called Winter Wishes.




This mug of cocoa is one of my favorite images from Impression Obsession called Marshmallow Mug. My sentiment is from them too. I colored the mug using Spectrum Noir alcohol ink markers. I added dazzling diamonds to the snowman and liquid applique to the marshmallows and the snowman's fur trim. I did the liquid applique in two stages. First, I did the marshmallows because I wanted my applique to start to burn a little because it makes a nice toasty look :) I also accented the mug with white doodle dots and pearls.

Here is a close up so you can see the texture on the mug.


After I finished my basic card I thought it looked naked still so I decided to dress it up with doodle dots to give the layers some pop. Sometimes doodle dots make everything better :)

For my card layout I used this week's Mojo Monday sketch #271...


I was also inspired by this week's Can You Digi It Challenge Photo:


Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to visit The Cutting Cafe Blog later this afternoon to see how all of the Design team used this awesome file :)

Happy Stampin!
Laura

Pin It

Card Supplies:
Stampin Up - Going Gray Cardstock (retired)
Echo Park Winter Wishes 6x6 Paper pack
Simple Stories Handmade Holiday 6x6 paper pack (the 25)
The Cutting Cafe - Winter Bingo Card Printables
Impression Obsession - #E6755 - Marshmallow Mug
Impression Obsession - #A5417 -  Warm My Heart
Paper Piercer Tool
Pearls
Heat & Stick Powder
Dazzling Diamonds
Liquid Applique
Heat Gun
ScrapPerfect The Best Glue Ever!
Spectrum Noir Alcohol Ink Markers
Crafter's Companion Ultra Smooth White Cardstock
White Gel Pen
Stampin Up! Owl Punch (the small heart punchie)
Stampin Up! Scalloped Oval Punch
Stampin Up! Large Oval Punch
Dimensionals

Challenges I will be entering this into:

Mojo Monday - Sketch Challenge #271
Impression Obession - Celebrating the Holidays Challenge
Bearly Mine Challenges - #65 Anything Goes
Can You Digi It - #24 - Baby It's Cold Outside + Inspiration Board (Digi is Bingo Card)
Eureka Stamps - #18 - Sparkle and Shine
Incy Wincy - Christmas with Snowflakes
The Squirrel & The Fox - #32 Summer or Winter
2 Sisters Challenge Blog - #121 Snowflakes
Crazy 4 Challenges - C4C166 - Favorite Holiday Stamps
Delicious Doodles - Anything Christmas with Blue
Craft Us Crazy - #32 Christmas/Winter & Favorite Embellishment (pearls)
Pixie Dust Studio - Sparkle & Snowflakes


9 comments:

Dangina Martinez

Aww.. I love it. Toasted marshmallows are always a treat. Love your take on that sketch and that DP is so pretty.
Hugs, Dangina

Shirley

Wow, Laura!! What a really warm and yummmmmy card! And so pretty too. Thanks for all of the info on how you did it and the closeups! Thank you for playing and good luck in the drawing too!!

Regina Easter

wow wow wow....love love love that cup...awesome......

Holly AKA KopyKat

This is so super cute, I find it's better to give into a design when it starts taking a life of it's own, lol. This is so great. Love the marshmellows and the little brown realistic toasty spots.

Katie

Really great winter card! Love this mug scene stamp, so cute! What you did with the marshmallows is really cool, I don't have any liquid applique but I will have to get some now! And your doodle dots are wonderful! Thank you for sharing!

Katie B.

Karen B

Such a cute winter card and love the snowflakes and pearls on the cup.

Kathy Bradley

What a very pretty and "yummy" card! I love the added dimension! Thanks for joining us at Can You Digi It!

Anonymous

So sweet card. Love the image and this liquid applique. Thank you for joining us at Incy Wincy Challenge!
Kaia, DT

Tracey Manderson

wow well done, this is great! Thanks for sharing with us at Bearly Mine, good luck and hope you will join us again soon.
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Post a Comment