Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Have a Charm...

Hi Stampers!

I feel like it has been ages since I have been on here! I wanted to say that I am so sorry to be out of touch so much, we have 3 different family crisis things going on right now and it has been just one thing literally after another! I feel like I am living in a soap opera. I am hoping that things start to settle down soon for me - I want to get back to normal life - because I am more than ready for it :)

Holly has been such an amazing help with keeping you inspired by sharing and writing up the inspiration posts for me! I would be so lost without her help - so THANK YOU SO MUCH HOLLY! Also a huge thanks to all my AMAZING Design Team ladies for keeping everyone inspired with their gorgeous creations! You all have been rocking some gorgeous stuff while I have been MIA! Holly will be filling in for a few more posts because I desperately need to get some orders out and get my emails gone through.

So - if you are waiting on an email response, or an order, or a prize from our challenges or blog hop...I will be getting caught back up - I am hoping totally in the next few days! Thank you SO MUCH for your patience and understanding as we are dealing with some very tough things right now.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day! We spent it at the hospital with Grandma. My Mom and both of her brother's were there and we had a great visit. After getting home my husband and kids surprised me with these super adorable flowers...




I totally loved them! I grilled some steaks for supper and made myself some shrimp scampi since I can't eat beef. The kids gave me the most awesome gift of doing the dishes for me because I really dislike doing them - LOL!

Now...I want to share with you my Design Team project for this week's Crafty Sentiments Designs Challenge... Have a Charm!

One of my favorite things to do is scrap recipes and this is one that I made for Black 'N' White Cheesecake Bars. I used to participate in recipe swaps and I had received this recipe in a swap years ago. I loved the design and the recipe was so yummy and after much begging from my Mom, I created her this similar one so she could have her own recipe page. The charm is a Karen Foster Mini Baking Charm that I will be getting added to the store after getting caught up on emails and shipping. In fact, I have TONS TONS TONS of new stuff that has been arriving since mid April that I haven't had a chance to get on yet with everything happening!

I used the super gorgeous stamp from Crafty Sentiments Designs called Innocences. I will be taking a better picture and replacing this one later today because when I went to take it, my camera batteries were completely dead,  PLUS my internet went down for about 2 hours (one thing after another...literally...like I said) so I had to take a picture with my cell phone, upload it to facebook so when I got to work tonight I save it and then upload it to the blog! GRRR - LOL!



Here is what the recipe says because I know you can't read it from the picture...

Black 'N' White Cheesecake Bars

2 cups (12 oz.) - Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
1/2 cup butter or margarine
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 pkg. (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla

In a double boiler or microwave, melt chocolate chips and the butter, stirring occasionally. Stir in the graham cracker crumbs. Set aside 1/4 cup for the topping. Press the remaining crumbs into an ungreased 9x13 baking pan. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in milk, egg and vanilla . Pour over crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Bake at 325 for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool. refrigerate 3 hours or until completely chilled. Cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator.

These are super yummy...just ask my hips! I am also using this as my inspiration piece for this week's Loves Rubberstamps challenge also of May Flowers because I haven't had hardly any time to get crafty. I am hoping once I get caught up on business things... I can spend some much needed stamp time and just de-stress awhile!

So...if you get some crafty time...be sure to add some flowers, or just use a stamp that has a flower in the design... add a charm and you can then enter it in BOTH of these fun challenges!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and thanks so much for hanging in there with us! It means a lot!

Happy Stampin!
Laura

I will be entering this in the following challenges:
will be updated shortly :)


13 comments:

Heidi Brawley

AWE those flowers are super cute!!! I have been wanting an arrangement like that!!! love the recipe card too! super cute also! Hope all gets back to normal for you soon. Hugs!!!

Tricia T

Those flowers are the CUTEST ever, Laura! How nice of your family to get them for you. I pray that your life will settle down soon!!

Tricia

Ivonne

So glad you had a great Mother's Day! The flowers are so beautiful! The card is just gorgeous and the recipe sounds yummy. Love the cute image. Hugs, Ivonne

Desire Fourie

This is such a wonderful idea. Yummy recipe as well, thanks for sharing.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Joey

Hope everything improves for you soon xxx

Your creation is fab, just love the charm. Joey xx

Wendy H

Beautiful card, great recipe. Unfortunately I can't eat chocolate so won't try them. Hope your grandma is ok. I know what you mean about one crisis after another. Its a good light hearted way to look at it as being like a soap opera. Hope life gets better soon. Wendy at FP. Xx

Wendy H

Beautiful card, great recipe. Unfortunately I can't eat chocolate so won't try them. Hope your grandma is ok. I know what you mean about one crisis after another. Its a good light hearted way to look at it as being like a soap opera. Hope life gets better soon. Wendy at FP. Xx

Wendy H

Beautiful card, great recipe. Unfortunately I can't eat chocolate so won't try them. Hope your grandma is ok. I know what you mean about one crisis after another. Its a good light hearted way to look at it as being like a soap opera. Hope life gets better soon. Wendy at FP. Xx

Dangina Martinez

Have to admit I was a bit jealous of the flowers, lol. Such a freakin cute idea. Your card is gorgeous. I dont have any MC images. I think I will have to get a few seening how popular they are. I really hope things are better for you. Keeping you in my prayers.

Holly AKA KopyKat

Oh I love your receipe card, this is so fabulous and I'm so making this, diet is now officially off, lol.

We are here for you, you so such an kind and amazing person, there is not one thing we would not do to help you out. :)

Holly AKA KopyKat

Oh and your flowers are so adorable, I love that and the dishes to boot! Wow, awesome Mother's Day.

Jackie W

Hi Laura! Gorgeous recipe card! What a fabulous idea! Love the black & white and am totally lovin' the spoons charm!
Jackie W :)
SchoolinandScrappin

Diane

love your recipe card Laura, but really really love your new fur baby !! You can'r beat the love of a dog !!

hugs Diane xx

Post a Comment