Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Let's Have Pie

Hi Stampers!

I feel like it has been FOREVER since I have got to post on here! Holly has been doing an amazing job keeping the Inspiration going on here while I have been taking care of my Grandma. She is doing better, she is working with the home physical therapist right now allowing me to sneak away for a bit to get some computer work done. I haven't had much crafting time lately but I am hoping that now that Grandma is here with us and out of the hospital, I will have more of a chance and can keep up with things better!

I did get a chance to squeeze in some time last week to get my Crafty Sentiments Designs Design Team Project done for this week's new Crafty Sentiments Challenge! This week you are to have sewing on your card - it can be real or faux stitches. I love the look of sewing on cards and have tried it a few times since I got my little mini sewing machine for stitching on paper - so I chose to do real sewing. Here is what I came up with...




I created an easel card using the super cute - Let's Have Pie image from Crafty Sentiments Designs. I wanted the card front to look like a cherry pie so I wove strips of cardstock to look like a lattice crust and then added oval punchies to make my scallop edge. Now...I don't know how your pie crust turns out in real life... but mine always tastes super yummy but I have not mastered the art of making it look perfect! It is always very messy and uneven on the edges. So I wanted to add an "imperfect" look to my paper pie crust edges so it feels more "homemade" and more like it was made by me - LOL! I kept my tension tighter than normal so my sewing would be imperfect, it made little loopies and would catch a bit when I was turning and created little wiggles. I think it just gives it a great vintage, country appeal :)

I added a mix of handmade rolled flowers and primas and then added the Recipe For Friendship stamp that is from Bildmalarna to finish my card front.

Here is a peek at the easel card open:


I wanted the inside to be really simple so I just added a die cut sentiment that is from The Greeting Farm called Delicate Words Die, some flowers and a few pearls.

Here are some close up pictures of the main image:




I colored my image with a mix of spectrum noir markers and copic markers and I also hand drew the little cherries on her apron.

I hope you enjoyed my project today! Come play along in the Crafty Sentiments Challenge with us! I will also be back in just a little bit with another project that I created for the Loves Rubberstamps Challenge this week too :)

Have a great day & thanks for stopping by!
Laura

I will be entering this in the following challenges:

Anything Goes Challenge - #93 Handmade Backgrounds
Die Cutting Divas - Shaped Cards
Party Time Tuesdays - Anything Goes #122
Card Mania - CMC - 21 - Spots and/or Stripes
Lady Anne's Challenge - May - Easel cards
Kaboodle Doodles - Anything Goes
Crafty Bloggers Network - Tic Tac Toe - Line Made - Flowers, Stamps, Stitching
613 Avenue Create - #21 Anything Goes
Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes
Joanna Sheen Challenges - Girls Girls, Girls
The Squirrel and the Fox - #44 Here Comes The Girls
Paper Creator's Challenge - #9 Anything Goes
Simply Create Too - Challenge 38 Bingo - Used Letter N
Stempelsonnen Challenges - From the Bakery
The Crazy Challenge - Use Sentiments
Aud Sentiments - Challenge 81 Friend
Delightful Challenges - Celebrate Friendship
Divas by Design - Friendship
The Perfect Sentiment - Anything Goes
WordArt Wednesday - Anything Goes

26 comments:

Janine

What a great idea to make your card the pie! Beautifully coloured image. Thanks for sharing it with us at Anything Goes.
Hugs, Janine xx

Janine

It's even better on the second viewing :)
Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design.
Hugs, Janine xx

Dangina Martinez

This super gorgeous. Love the way you colored her up and I am so happy you were able to find some time to yourself. I really hope things get better for you soon. Thanks for all you do.
Tons of Hugs, Dangina

Karen Letchworth

This is just DARLING! So many adorable little touches and an overall WONDERFUL project. Thank you SO MUCH for stopping by to share this with us in our challenge this week. We are blessed to have you join us, and I hope to see you again very soon. Your work is incredible.
Blessings to you,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Jacquel

Your card is just awesome Laura!!! The flowers, image & fancy fold just ROCKS Hun & I just LOVE how it really looks like a cherry pie...very ingenious! Thanks so much for joining us @ Simply Create Too & hope to see you back again for our next challenge

Margaret

This is stunning! Love your pie crust design and the image is just too cute. Fabulous work on the coloring Thanks for joining us at Perfect Sentiment this week. Good luck.

Holly AKA KopyKat

OMGosh this is so cute, I love the weaving back ground and the sewing looks great. The images is so cute, especially with the reciepe for freiendship stamps and your coloring is fabulous. yeah, get more stampy time!!!

Mommy's Crafty Creations

So adorable!!

Veronica DCD

Stephanie

Wow! There's just so much to love about this card. The way you wove the pie crust with the patterned paper peeking thru is fantastic. Your coloring is jaw-dropping amazing! What a special card!! Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday.

Dreja

Wow! Das ist absolut phantastisch! Die Karte in Kuchenform ist eine super Idee und die Umsetzung ist großartig!
Die Coloration des Motivs ist Spitze und ich bin total begeistert von deinem wundervollen Werk.

Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme an der Stempelsonnenchallenge.

LG Dreja

Shell Shearer Swinscoe

This is stunning, love your pie top!

Thank you for sharing with us at Delightful Challenges this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Marcy

This is gorgeous Laura! Your coloring is so pretty on the image and that pie background is so perfect! Love all of your pretty details!

Erica

What an adorable card with gorgeous coloring and those cute sentiment and even recipe.
Thanks for playing with the BINGO challenge at Simply Create Too
Erica (Simply Create Too DT Member)

Wendy L

So very beautiful, so sweet, thanks for joining us at Lady Annes this month. xxx

Gerda

What a adorable card!!Love the sentiment and sweet image you used! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

L.B.

what a great pie card! Love how you created your pie. Thank for playing with DCD

Ani

Gorgeous card! Thank you so much for playing along at Card Mania's Challenge Spots and/or Stripes! Good luck! Ani

Fran

Gorgeous, thank you for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles this week xxx

Anonymous

Die Karte ist super geworden. Danke für Deine Teilnahme bei der Stempelsonne.
GLG Tamesis

Carla S.

Fantastic card, Laura! Wonderful images and details! Very creative! Thanks for playing along at 613 Avenue Create!

Athina

Absolutely adorable! Your coloring is amazing! Love it and so glad you got some time to relax and create! You so deserve it!

Evie

Gorgeous card. Thank you for joining us at CARD Mania. Evie DT

TRACEY MO

What a gorjuss card, briliant colours & images. The is a fab easel card.
Thanks lady's challenge blog
Tracey dt

NGCARDS

A great creation! Thanks for playing along at Joanna Sheen! xxx

Mei

Love how you made the pie effect! Such a gorgeous card and fabulous colouring! Thanks for joining us this week at the Crazy Challenge!

Mei
CCH DT
Love to Create DT
Creative Card Crew DT
Anyone for Anya DT

Julie

What a beautiful card for a friend. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments
Hugs,
julie

Post a Comment