Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Love Is In The Air

Hi Stampers!

Today is a new challenge at Crafty Sentiments Designs and Loves Rubberstamps! I was lucky enough to be able to combine my Design Team Project for each one :)

This week at Crafty Sentiments Designs the theme is all about LOVE! For my project I took an image called Sweet Cookies that I think is super sweet BUT she is at first glance an image for Christmas because she is really baking little gingerbread man cookies on her pan... WELL...I think she is sweet enough to be used for many occasions :)

I decided that for today little Miss Sweet Cookies would be baking little heart shaped, iced sugar cookies!



You can use this image ALL YEAR long...not just Christmas! You can get creative and make different shaped little cookies depending on what you are making it for! I am thinking little shamrock cookies for St. Paddy's Day...Small Easter Egg Cookies for Easter...Pumpkin Shaped for Halloween...little Turkeys for Thanksgiving...OR you could do the little standard circle shaped for whenever! 

Here is a close up of my image...



And the little cookies....


What I did for the pan was in the areas that had the gingerbread man ... I colored those in a darker shade with my copics. To create the little cookies I made little heart punchies and sponged the edges with Tim Holtz Walnut Stain Distress Ink. Then I placed Liquid Applique on the top and then sprinkled some chunky pink glitter on top. I smooshed the glitter into the liquid applique and then just let it dry. I did not heat it because I didn't want it to puff. The liquid applique dries the same color as you are using so it looks like smooth white icing, and it holds the glitter when it is dry as well. 

This project also fits in to our Loves Rubberstamps Challenge this week because it is ANYTHING GOES! Always a fun challenge! 

I hope you enjoyed my project today and that I gave you some inspiration on taking a look at your Christmas Stamps and see if there are ways you can use them all year round :)

Be sure to play along in BOTH of these fun challenges this week! Crafty Sentiments Designs - Love Is In The Air...and whatever you create for that one...it would also be eligible to enter in the Loves Rubberstamps Anything Goes Challenge as well :)

Thanks for stopping by today!

Laura

Items Used On My Card:
Spellbinders - Floral Ovals

I will be entering this in the following challenges:
Natalie and Amy's Challenge - Love Is All Around
Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes
The Ribbon Girl Challenge - Hearts


11 comments:

Blankina

Hi Laura, this stamp is so cute and what a great idea of the cookies, thanks for the chance to join you as GDT this month!!
Hugs Blankina

IamUniquelyImperfect

Super cute image. Love this card. tfs Patricia B

Diane

The heart cookies are a fab idea Laura !! A great card alround !!

hugs Diane xx

Nikki

Gorgeous Laura. She is a darling and I love her cheeky tongue.

Nikki

Holly AKA KopyKat

Very clever indeed, love how you made the heart cookies and the little image and your coloring are fabulous! Too cute.

Marcy

This is so adorable and I love love those sugar cookies! :) Darling image and beautiful coloring as always! :)

Dangina Martinez

Laura this is so delicious ... I would love atray of homemade cookies right now. Super cute image and love that fabulous lace. Hope all as well and your getting some rest.
TOH, Dangina

Anet's Crafting

This is an adorable card Laura, I love the cute image and beautiful roses.

PaperDaisies

This is so cute Laura. I love the design. I love how you have put a sprinkle of sugar on those cookies. Your colouring is amazing as always. Have a great week. Hugs Nina

Athina

She is just adorable! Love your creativity!

Anonymous

Just beyond precious!! I am licking my lips & thinking of some warm yummy cookies...!! Thanks for that.!!! Lol !! ;))
Fab design & I love the glitter on the frosting !! Such a sweet valentine !!
Xo

Post a Comment