Tuesday, March 31, 2015

StitchyBear Scrap Recipe Page

Hi Stampers!

SURPRISE! I finally had a chance to participate this week in our Loves Rubberstamps Challenge! I have really missed being able to play along in our challenges :)

This week we have a special Guest Sponsor, StitchyBear who provided each Design Team member a digi of their choice to create a sample for the challenge! It was hard to pick but as soon as I seen this super adorable Baked With Love bear...I collect bears and sometimes have issues with cooking so it was a must have for me!

I am a decent cook...most days...but every once in awhile the smoke alarm is our dinner bell and my brother never lets me forget that I have a tendency to burn things sometimes :) The problem is I am usually in a hurry to get stuff done as usual and like to cook everything on high! You would think I would learn by now but I haven't - LOL!

One of my favorite crafty things to do is create Scrap Book Recipe Pages. My favorite size to create are 6x6 pages. So when I saw this set I knew I wanted to use him on a recipe page.


Here is the outside page with the recipe folder tucked away in a pocket. This week our Loves Rubberstamps Challenge is to use your favorite embellishments which I did! I LOVE crochet lace, it is one of my go to things and I seem to reach for it even more than ribbon. I also love metal embellishments so I used a Tim Holtz clip to hold my file folder closed and I also LOVE cooking and baking charms. I tend to hoard them rather than use them because I love them so much,... but I did manage to use one on my page since it is for me :) I also love doilies, die cuts, pearls & shimmer. And the creme de la creme of my favorite embellishments is Tim Holtz Walnut Stain distress ink....I need to use it on everything I make - LOL! 

Here is a look at the recipe card pulled out....



I printed the Baked with Love sentiment twice and then cut out a cookie to layer because I wanted to add "frosting and sprinkles" I used Whipped Spackle and then sprinkled multi-color chnky glitter on it while wet and let it dry. Here is a close up so you can hopefully see the texture on it:



Here is a look at the recipe... it is for Quaker Oatmeal Scotchies which are totally delicious! I will write the recipe for you in case you can't read my chicken scratch...


The papers I used are from an Authentique Christmas set called Festive. The outside papers I used are the Vintage Cookie Cutter paper from the Cookbookin line. My recipe card and the yum scale stamp are from a Stampin Up set I have.

Here is a last look at that super cute bear...



Quaker Oatmeal Scotchies:

Ingredients:

1 Cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3 cups Quaker Oats uncooked (can use quick oats or old fashioned)
1 2/3 cups (11 oz.) Nestle Toll House Butterscotch Flavored Morsels

Directions:

Preheat - oven to 375° F

Beat butter and sugars in a large bowl until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla extract; beat well. Add combined flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; mix well. Add oats and morsels; mix well.

Drop dough by level tablespoons full on an ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake 7 - 8 minutes for a chewy cookie. Bake 9-10 minutes for a crisp cookie. Cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Store tightly covered.

Enjoy! I hope that you will play along in this weeks Loves Rubberstamps Challenge and show us what your favorite embellishments are! 

Hugs! 
Laura

I will be entering this in the following challenges:

Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes
Not Just Cards - Anything Goes
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes
Scribble and Scrap - Anything Goes
Crafty Calendar Challenge - March Add Some Metal
Open Minded Crafting - Food related
Chocolate, Coffee & Cards - Something Yummy to eat or drink
Simply Papercraft - Anything Goes
Stempelsonne - Anything Goes
4 Crafty Chicks - Humor
Aud Sentiments - Anything Goes with a sentiment
Crafty Gals Corner - Anything Goes
Inspiration Destination - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes





22 comments:

Mandy

Gorgeous card Laura! The image is adorable and so beautifully coloured.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Hugs
Mandy xx

Shirley-Anne

Totally awesome creation .. Laura. The image is cute but the embellishing is amazing . Thanks for sharing fabulous card with Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenge .

Planetsusie

I love your recipe page Laura - and I have also kept a copy of the recipe so that I can 'partake of these biscuits' later on!!! lol. Your colouring and embellishments are gorgeous - you have made a really striking project! Thank you so much for entering the Crafty Calendar (Add some Metal) Challenge this month, lots of luck to you.

Hugs Sue Pxxx DT

StampNScrapJunkie

Wow, this is fabulous! Great design, fantastic coloring and what a fun sentiment. Thanks for the recipe too! xx Thanks for sharing and joining us at Inspiration Destination. Hope to see you again and good luck!
Ema
IDCB Owner

Holly AKA KopyKat

OMGosh this is so cute! I love all the details and the embellishments are perfect. Good for you for using your hoarded items, lol. Fabulous coloring and design.

Sue Nicholson

Lovely sweet card, thanks for joining us at CC&CC cheers Sue N x

Robin Parker

Wow, how darling is your creation. Love the sentiment and the recipe card hidden inside is great. Your little cooking bear is darling. Thanks for sharing on the Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenge #33 - Food Related.

Judy V

Oh my, this is so cute! Thanks for sharing with us at Chocolate, Coffee & Cards Challenge!

Michelle

Fantastic this is so great. And thanks for the recipe.
Thanks for playing with us at Inspiration Destination.
Hope we see you again a next challenge.
xxx Michelle (DT)

anncreatief

Your card is gorgeous and thank you for joining in our challenge ,good luck and hope to see you again next time
Hugs xxx Dt Anneke and have a nice day.

Carol L

What a fantastic creation!! I love how you made this 2-pc design,and the embellishments are over the top!

Anonymous

This is oh so adorable , love your coloring too Thanks for joining us at Chocolate Coffee & Cards for our "Something Yummy To Eat Or Drink " - DT - Crystal

JMC Creates

What a cute bear i'm sure his cookings awesome lol great project Jacqui DT Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenges

Billie A

What a darling image and great card. I love the coloring, the charm, the idea of a recipe. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

Chana Malkah

Outstanding design! The composition is just perfect and the color integration is spot on! Just love the textures and depth of detail! Great recipe card idea, I think I will use this for inspiration for the recipe book I am currently working on! Thanks for leaving this on our front porch here at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana, Owner

crafty-stamper

brilliant card love the image and recipe great texture and love the rich colours -Thank you for joining us in our very first challenge at Simply Papercraft
Carol DT x

Marcy

Oh my cuteness!!! This is absolutely sooooooo adorable! Your coloring is amazing too!

Bernardine Cuttino

OMG! This is so awesome. Awe, so cute and delightful, simply a lovable card. Thanks for joining in on the fun over at Open-Minded Crafting Fun. We look forward to seeing you again.
Hugs    
Berni,DT
open-mindedcraftingfun.

Julie

Fabulous card. Love the frosting and sprinkles and the sentiment. Thanks so much for joining us at Aud Sentiments
Julie T

Greta

What a wonderful project, Laura! Thanks for the recipe--sounds delicious!

Alyx

Absolutely love everything about this. Such a gorgeous bear. Just fabulous. Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
xx

kel Acopan

Super cute! LOVE this image too! And love how you frosted the star in the "Love" sentiment!! Thanks for joining us at Open-Minded Fun Crafting Challenges, hope to see you again!!

lovies, =o) kel

Post a Comment