Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Sweetie Pie

Hi Stampers!

Well since I had my Cutting Cafe project done and shown yesterday...I thought I would just make something for fun today using one of my favorite stamps that I have had for a loooonnng time but have never inked up! Shame on me! Well I am using her now :)


This is the Cheeky Cherry Pie from the Cheeky Cherry Collection from The Greeting Farm. I colored her using mostly copics on her hair and skin. The apron and pie are spectrum noirs and her shoes are colored with the cherry cobbler Stampin Up! Marker. I paper pieced her dress and the pie plate to match the background papers which are from the Love Note paper pack from Fancy Pants Designs. Did you notice I tried sewing again? I tried a different stitch this time and decided to try cornering - LOL, I was a little off, but oh well...have to keep trying :)

The background circle that she is mounted on is stamped with the recipe stamp from the Spice Up Your Day stamp set from Gourmet Rubber Stamps. I stamped this using Tim Holtz Walnut Stain Distress Ink. This is my absolute FAVORITE color combination too ... kraft, a cherry cobbler style red, chocolate chip, very vanilla! So pretty!
Here is a closer look...




I created this as my entry into the Yumi & Fumi challenge this week which was to case a card that they had on their blog! Hopefully I did it justice :)

If you love The Greeting Farm Stamps as much as I do... one of our Design Team members, Marcy Dangcil made their March Guest Design Team! She has been rocking out some STUNNING projects for their March Release! I am super proud of her and know that she will do amazing! I have seen her first two days of projects and WOW! They are gorgeous! When you get a chance... visit her blog and check them out!

Well I better get going - have to work at my other job from 3pm - 3am  - I would rather stay home and do crafty stuff though LOL!

Have a great day all!
Laura
Pin It

I am entering this in the following challenges:

Yumi & Fumi Handmade - Challenge #10 Case Sandie
The Greeting Farm - FFF Challenge - Flowers
The Ribbon Carousel - Love Is In The Air
Bunny Zoe - Flowers & Pearls
Pretty Little Ribbon Shop - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp & Show - Stamp You Love But Don't Use
Tammy's Scrappin Corner - #51 Paper Piecing
Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes
Joanna Sheen - Layer It Up
Lacy Sunshine Challenges - #2 - Favourite Color Combination
Color Me Creative - Girly & Feminine
Sweet Stampin' - Mother's Day or For a Special Lady
Totally Gorjuss - Happy!
Simply Create Too - Mother's Day or Female
Bearly Mine - Anything Goes - 2nd Entry

20 comments:

Lydia

This is amazing Laura- NEED COPICS..lol xxx you did an amazing job xxx

Rachel Parys

Where to start!!?? I love everything about this card! Your coloring is fantastic, the layout is awesome, and the colors/papers are perfect! Yummy card! Thanks for joining the TGF challenge!

Unknown

Beautiful!

Alyx

This is just beautiful. That's such a cute image and you've coloured it beautifully.

Thank you for joining us over at the Lacy Sunshine Challenge. Good luck.
xx

Candy C

Your card is darling! I love your gingham background. So cute and "homespun" looking. Your little stamped image is so cute holding the pie. Love how you've colorized her to work so perfectly with your papers. Your layers of die cuts, ribbon and flowers are a wonderful design! Thanks for sharing your card with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Leanne

Oh my!! I'm lovin' every little bit of your card!! Your coloring is lovely and the color choice is gorgeous. I think you waited for the right moment to color her up and this was that perfect time. Love how you did the Sweetie banner. It's adorable! Great job case'ing Sandie's card!! Thanks for joining the challenge at Yumi & Fumi Handmade!! Good luck!
xx

Unknown

This is such a sweetie image. I love the paper piecing as well

We are so pleased to have you this week.
I love your Design. I love the colors and the image is so cute.

we hope to see you back next week.
Hugs Tammy Ortiz - Owner of Tammy Scrapin Corner

brenda

Just gorgeous Laura, thanks so much for joining in at pretty Little Ribbons challenge this month.

B x

Suzette

Simply beautiful thanks for joining us this week at Totally Papercrafts. Suzette x

Unknown

Oh this is so beautiful Laura! Your colouring is perfect and the papers are gorgeous! Loving that cute little 'Sweetie Pie' sentiment too :) Thanks so much for joining us at Challenges4Everybody. Good luck!
Tracey x

mixamatoasties

Stunning card. Your colouring is amazing.

Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.

Susan

Doreen

gorgeous card. The image is so lovely.
Many thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin` this week
Doreen xx

Peet

so gorgeous, Laura!
Thanks for joining us at the pretty little ribbon challenge.

Unknown

Hi Laura, fabulous card there! Gorgeous colour choices and your colouring is just perfect.

Thanks for joining in with us this week at Sweet Stampin.

Sarah

Rachel

Love this image, such a cute card!

Thanks for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin this week, Wedgie xxx

crafty-stamper

what a stunning card love everything about it the colouring and papers and love the paper pieced image -thanks for joining us atTammy's Scrapin Corner
Carol DT x

cotnob

This is a fabulous card, such a gorgeous image.
Thank you for joining us at Bearly Mine Designs.
Pauline
x

NGCARDS

Gorgeous creation! Thanks for playing along at Joanna Sheen! xxx

Marcy

Thanks so much for the shout out Laura!:) I love this cheeky gal and I've only colored her up once but you've inspired me to get her out again. I love love your card and your coloring is so fantastic! I've started watching those vids you recommended and they are great tutorials! Can't wait to try out the techniques! :)

Doodlecraft

Hi there!
It's Nat from Anyone for Anya! We would love to have you as part of our design team! If you are interested, please email me at maildoodlecraft@gmail.com. Thanks! :)

Post a Comment