Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Easter Eggs For Sale!

Hi Stampers!

Today is a new Loves Rubberstamps Challenge and the theme this week is to create a tag or have a tag somewhere on your project. Well, I also serve on the Design Team for The Cutting Cafe and this week we had a super fun assignment of using Regina's new Little Red Wagon Template. I had a super cute project in mind that creates a little scene with a separate project for each but that are designed to go together...LOL... make sense?

So my post today will be a merge of my Design Team Post for The Cutting Cafe and some details about how I created my project for the Loves Rubberstamps Challenge.

First I will show you a picture of the whole sha-bang...so you can see what I am talking about...


Here is the set together... I created the little Easter Wagon using the Little Red Wagon Template for my project this week for The Cutting Cafe, and the fun Spring card with the homemade tag is for the Loves Rubberstamps challenge. Don't these look adorable together!

Let's start with the cute wagon!


Now...even though the name of this file is "Little Red Wagon" you can make your wagon any color you want - LOL! That is what makes it so much fun because you can change the colors for the seasons or occasions. I am thinking this would look super cute done up in fall colors with leaves and pumpkins in it...you know what I will be making come October :)  This file also comes with three sized boxes that you make and stack inside also, some fun embellishments, and sentiments for your little care packages! You totally need this file...I am telling you!

Because mine is a little Easter Wagon...what better to fill it with than some of my favorite Easter treats... Cadbury CARAMEL Eggs and those yummy, addicting, robins eggs! So good! I decided to make my wagon have wood slats because it's carrying eggs...so I used my new Die-Namics Barbed Wire Fence die from My Favorite Things. It even has the embossed wood details! I LOVE LOVE this die! The upward posts are the posts from the fence and the two strips are actually the strip of paper I had left over after cutting the fence posts out...perfect huh, and no wasted paper :) That cute little bunny is called Bunny Lucy from C.C. Designs! I love her :)

Here is a closer look at Miss Bunny Lucy...


I colored her hair and skin with copics, and then used spectrum noir alcohol ink markers on her outfit.

Now here is a look at my card with the tag all tucked in...


And the Tag Pulled Out...



The Bunny and the Eggs are from the C.C. Designs Spring Has Sprung Stamp Set and the Eggs Sentiment is from their Spring Logos Stamp Set. This bunny is soooo adorable! I colored everything on this with Spectrum Noir Markers except for his little cheeks, that is the copic color R20. I liquid appliqued his tail for "fluff" and added bling to the flower centers and white gel pen designs to the eggs.

Do you notice something new?? YEP... I tried sewing on my card for the FIRST TIME!! EEEKKK! I threaded the machine on my first try too!! Do you notice what is missing? YEP! No fingers attached! I didn't accidentally sew one to my card - LOL!

Just don't look at the bottom right corner because that was where in the instructions it said when you were done to go in reverse to "seal" it or something like that but I am sure I did it wrong because it is blobby. I decided for my first time sewing to use a zig zag stitch so it was harder to tell if I went straight or not - LOL! All in all I am really proud of my first "sewn" card - and I think my blobby corner just adds to the country charm ;)

I do need to study some YouTube videos of how to turn corners and how to stop when your finished but it will be fun to try and learn because I love the look of the sewn cards.

Here is a final look at my two cuties together so you can see the little bunny closer too...



Thanks for stopping by today! Be sure to play along with us this week in our Loves Rubberstamps Challenge.... AND... Be sure to stop by The Cutting Cafe and purchase the Little Red Wagon Template for yourself! You will seriously love it!

Tomorrow afternoon at The Cutting Cafe's Blog you will get to see what the rest of the Design Team members did with their Little Red Wagons! I can't wait to see them because there is literally so many things you can use it for and decorate it with! It will be a blast!

Have a great day all!
Laura

Pin It

I will be entering this is the following challenges:

C.C. Designs - Anything Goes
Bearly-Mine Challenges - Anything Goes
Created With Love - Bright & Cheery
The Cutie Pie Challenge - Pretty Pastels
Incy Wincy - Anything But a Card
Stamp and Create - Spring is Coming
Totally Papercrafts - Hope for Spring
Dutch Dare Card Challenges - Tag You're It
Sassy Studio Designs - Use Stitching Real or Faux
Top Tip Tuesday - Tag Your It

22 comments:

Regina Easter

oh laura oh laura oh laura THIS IS SOOOOOOOOOO CUTE..........

Lisa xx

oh this is adorable, what a sweetie! Thank you for joining with the cutie pie pretty pastels challenge

Always with a Sentiment

Hi there. What a fabulous project. So much fab work and wonderful detail. Pretty colours too.
Thanks for sharing at Created with Love.
Sandra xxx

Scrappin Mama

Hi Laura! This is absolutely gorgeous!! Love the wagon.. Thanks for sharing with us at CreatedWithLoveChallengs
Lisa O

Dangina Martinez

Super duper cute! You out did yourself this time. I love the wagon and sign. What a fantastic job of coloring all these pieces. I might have to cooy your idea;)
Hugs, Dangina

Chris Hanselman

Adorable card. I love the wagon. Thanks for joining our Bright and Cheery Challenge at Created With Love Challenges

~Chris

Athina

You rock Laura! This is awesome and your coloring is great!

Holly AKA KopyKat

OMG! This is so adorable. Love the cute image and the colors and the little wagon and YOU SEWED!!! Yeah, you are no longer just looking at the machine like it's going to bite and you know this is such a great sewing job on the card, I love it!

Holly AKA KopyKat

yeah you got in on the challenge! Thanks for playing with us over at ATS!!!

Crafty Mamma Mia

Hi Laura - this is a really cute little Easter gift. Love your sweet images and beautiful colouring! Thanks for sharing your projects at Incy Wincy Designs this week in our "Anything But A Card" challenge.
Helen x (DT)

Carolyn Wolff

How sweet! I love how you used the stamped image with your wagon. Great job.

Wendy Fraser

Oh wow, what an adorable project, love it. Thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie xx

Rene

Ooooh this is FABULOUS! I absolutely LOVE it and I am so glad you shared this with us at Stamp and Create! What an amazing project! Do you need my address so you can send it to me?!? Lol!
Good luck with the challenge and I hope to see you back next time!
Rene :D

Angi Barrs

This is the SWEETEST project Laura! You are soooo talented!

Lydia

your colouring is awesome Laura !!! love the little dots on her dress too xxx

Kathy

Oh my gosh, how fun. Love the card and the wagon full of candy, super sweet project. Thanks so much for joining us at SSD this week for our stitch it up challenge.

Tee

eeekk - what a clever idea.

Jean Cross

Way to combine sets and files, lady! This is fantastic. I especially am fond of the rustic slats on the wagon. Great coloring, too.

Rose

how sweet :) beautiful coloring girl :)

Karen C

What a fantastic creation! Love this!! So glad you joined us at Incy Wincy Designs's 'anything but..' challenge this week!
I have blog candy!! check it out at www.busybusyhoneybee.wordpress.com
Hugs,
Karen C

Cheapfindingshandmade4u

Wow! that is very creative and so darn cute I love looking at your work ive become a huge fan. Thank you for sharing such amazing creations with us. ~Hugs Tanja

Laney

Awe this is adorable my grandchildren would so like this too!! thanks for joining us over at BMC hope to see you again soon
hugs
laney

Post a Comment