Friday, February 15, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

Hi Stampers -

Sorry for the late post today. It has been a week full of very sad lows and high joys. We have had one of those weeks that when it rains it pours, so I am sorry that I haven't been online much.

To start our week last week we found out that my brother and his wife who were expecting a baby in August were told the sad news at the Dr Appt. to hear the heart beat that there was no baby and that she had what is called a molar pregnancy. This is where there is an abnormal growth of tissue instead of a fetus that grows and causes the same symptoms of a pregnancy but that can have serious health risks, including cancer. So my sister-in-law had to have a D&C yesterday and will have to have blood tests every few months for the next year to make sure the abnormal tissue does not start growing again and that she doesn't develop the form of cancer you can get from having a pregnancy like this.

We also found out that my other brother and his wife are expecting their first baby so that was exciting news!

Then we found out last night that my husband's Dad has lung cancer and has had his first round of chemo and has 6 more sessions. He didn't ask his Dad what type or anything so we don't know anything about prognosis or even if it is a fast or slow growing form. So that is pretty scary news. Plus, he lives in Nevada so it makes you feel even more helpless because you are too far away to really help out if he needs it.

Today, well yesterday now since it is after midnight, being Valentine's Day we did celebrate our 16th Wedding Anniversary so that was exciting :) We just went to dinner Tuesday night and stayed home and had a quiet family dinner tonight, since the restaurants are always so packed - LOL! My husband and I actually dated for 6 years prior to getting married so really we have been together for 22 years this year in June.

So needless to say that this has been a week full of roller coaster emotions and so I didn't get much done on my days off except take some time to be with family and regroup. I just want to let you know that I will be getting caught up in my emails and shipping orders by this weekend. I appreciate your patience as we go through this week of curve balls that life throws at you and smacks you right off course sometimes!

Today we have a super sweet card created by Ceal to share with you. I think it is totally adorable and just the kind of sweetness that I needed to make me smile a bit :)



I love the sweet simplicity of this design! Ceal used two adorable stamp sets from Lawn Fawn called Bee Mine and Interlocking Backdrops. She stamped this using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink so she could color it using copics. I think these little hexagons are adorable and look like the little bee's honeycomb! Super cute! I love the little heart trail behind the bee which is part of the stamped image. This is a really adorable Valentine!

Thanks for stopping by today...hopefully my week coming up will be boring and news free and live by the adage of no news is good news :)

If you get a chance - check out our Sensational Sundays Inspiration post if you haven't yet and leave your comment so you can be in this week's drawing. Also be sure to play along in our All About Love Challenge! We would love to see what you create!

Have a great day and be sure to check back later this morning for your Happy Holly-Day Friday Inspirational project and start your weekend off with some awesome eye candy :)

Hugs -
Laura

Pin It

2 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat

This is so super cute.

Well it's TGIF girl and hopefully life will stop throwing you curve balls and let you stop and deal with what it has. Happy Anniversary! We are going to celebrate our Valentines tonight, lol. We do tend to avoid the crowds, lol.

LauraEva

Cute card!!

What a hectic point of time in our life right now! been there...and it's not easy! I hope everything comes out positive.
It's our anniversary also; so Happy Anniversary to you too!
Be strong, girl, and keep on stamping!

Post a Comment