Saturday, February 23, 2013

Victorian Bunnies

Hi Stampers!

Hope you are having a great Saturday! I have a busy day planned of trying to get taxes finished up to take to the accountant. This is the non-fun part of the business side so I have been dragging my feet about it - LOL! But it has to get done! I am starting to get distracted though because I just had my "AHA" I know exactly what I want to do for my next project come into my brain and now I can't focus because I want to go make it before I forget what my plan was - LOL! I may have to take a creative break just so I can re-focus on work later :) Do you ever do that? Funny how sometimes you can go all week and not have one good idea and you struggle with mojo and then sometimes it is just WHAM - pops into your brain and you can't think of anything else. LOL!

I also just got a new Janome Sew Mini to attempt to sew on my cards. The farthest I have gotten with it is taking it out of the box and putting it on the table. I have been staring at it for a week now. I have to figure out all the technical things of trying to thread bobbins and figuring out how to thread it, get tensions right, and not sewing any body parts to my paper. I am thinking maybe it wasn't such a brilliant idea - LOL! I have never sewn or used a sewing machine before so it is like Greek to me and they freak me out a little - LOL! I am sure once I get over my little morbid fear of sewing my finger to my project I will be fine. But any pointers from those of you that sew would be great! Even better if you have one of these little machines yourself and can tell me how you set it up for sewing on your projects would be super awesome :)

Today being Saturday we have an inspirational piece from Jacqueline Smith! She has created a lovely Easter project to share with you!





She used the image called Victorian Bunnies from Magenta Stamps. She stamped this on acetate with black stazon ink and then covered the back with glitter and then colored that with Tim Holtz Alcohol Inks. How cool! Those bunnies are probably super sparkly and pretty in person! I took Jacqueline's picture and made it large and just cropped the bunnies so you could see this technique closer...



This helps you see all the glitter a little bit better! I bet it looks amazing in person! I also love that she paired this was the soft pastel blues and browns! Makes a really pretty Easter card!

Well... I better get back to work...or maybe I will go play in my stamp room for awhile and let my brain have a mental break from work for a bit :)

Hope you get some crafty time in today! Thanks for stopping by!

Laura

Pin It

5 comments:

Donna Ellis

Jackie's artwork is always amazing - this sounds beautiful in person.A wow card for sure!

Holly AKA KopyKat

Yes, that happens to me a lot. No mojo when I have time and then ideas start formulating when I am at my busiest. I usually jot down notes, pull things and put them in a pile up (you know, on that spare 2 inches, lol) and then get back to it ASAP.

This is so adorable, love the cute image and the fabulous design.

Alyce Kit and Clowder

gorgeous!! i love the effect on the image... it is so effective! have fun with your new sewing machine - it is addictive! :)

LauraEva

WOW!! Beautiful!!

Sonia

Oooooh Wonderful:))
A pièce of art:)
Sonia

Post a Comment