Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Seed Packet Gift

Hi Stampers!

Sorry for the late post today! I decided at the last minute that I wasn't happy with my Design team project that I created originally for The Cutting Cafe so I decided to start over..LOL...this morning...and I just finished because I am a mega slow at coloring! But I am super happy with my project now so that is all that matters :) How those people that make such detailed and beautifully colored cards just whip them out I will never know...I am just not that kind of crafter.

This week at The Cutting Cafe we are taking a break from Valentine's Day and sending some sunshine instead! We could choose to use the Sunshine Word Shaped Card, The Seed Packet Holder Template, or the One Spring Day Printable Stamp Set.

I decided to use the Seed Packet Holder Template. I love this little template and I will use it a lot! It is so cute and goes perfect with my Seeds of Friendship stamp set from Flourishes that I have been dying to get inky. You can just create all kinds of scenes on your packet and them pop it right on Regina's Seed Packet Holder! Here is my version...




I used the template a little bit different because I wanted the top to be open. Instead of gluing the tab at the top closed, I just cut it off and then made a little tab slot to pull the inside out easier. Then I have the flower seed packet mounted on a little pull out insert.

The little scene on my seed packet was created using Primrose Garden Flowers and the Roses and Tulips both are from Crafty Sentiments Designs. I have had both of these stamps awhile and this is the first time I have got to color either of them up! I used spectrum noir alcohol ink markers on everything except the hair and skin, I used copics for those. I am still a newbie at coloring with markers so it takes me super long time but I love how this turned out. I fussy cut the little girl and the front flower pot out and mounted them on dimensionals.

The "Water Everyday" sentiment and the "For Your Garden" sentiments both come with the Seed Packet Holder Template. I sponged everything with my Tim Holtz Walnut Stain Distress Ink (going to need gallons of this stuff - love it!)

Here is a close up of my little girl image and the flowers...





Ok... now please do not laugh at my next picture because I had every intention of getting a real flower seed packet for my project but didn't make it to the store...so I printed one that I found of the internet to use as a substitute so you could see how it works a little better :)



Anyway...I hope you like my Seed Packet Holder Template! You should get this file because it makes super cute gifts for someone and you can decorate it for any occasion that you are needing! With the way I used the file with the top open and a tab, you could easily mount this on a card front and give a little extra gift with your cards! Super fun and I will be using this file a lot!

Please pop on over to The Cutting Cafe Blog and see what the other Design Team Members created this week!

Thanks for stopping by!
Laura

Pin It

I will be entering this in the following challenges:

Crafty Sentiments Designs - Anything Goes

10 comments:

Regina Easter

oh my goodness is this not the sweetest ever.......wow wow laura i simply adore this....hugs

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud)

Wow Laura, this is awesome! Your project is so cute and your coloring of the Crafty Sentiments images is fabulous! Thanks so much for joining our Crafty Sentiments challenge this week and using multiple CS products:)

Holly AKA KopyKat

OMGosh this is so adorable, I love the fabulous scene and I love seed packet's designed up. So cute. I am a slow crafter too and often agonize over one design for a week, lol. This is adorable, whatever it took made it perfect.

Unknown

Okay...now you have me ready to get into my flower garden, even though there's over 4 feet of snow on it! Well done. Thanks for sharing

pinky

Wow this is absolutely stunning Laura! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs.
Pinky

Jean Cross

Such a wonderful vintage, campbell soup kinda feel. Love it.

Beate

adorable seed packet and very well done combination of images and words! Thanks for playing along at Crafty Sentiments Designs!
Beate
CSD GDT

Carolyn Wolff

Love what you did with the seed packet. Very vintage feel.

Caz

This is lovely..Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments..And good luck.

Caz xx CSD DT

Scrappy Scatty

lovely
Thank you for joining in with us this time on Crafty Sentiments
Love Jan
xx

Post a Comment