Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Oh Boy! Masculine Themed Week!

Hi Stampers!

I really have missed chatting on here - however Holly has been doing A-M-A-Z-I-N-G at keeping the inspiration flowing while I have been taking care of Grandma, which means the world to me! Grandma sees the surgeon on Wednesday to see how her leg is healing and to see if she can start putting weight on it. She thinks that once she is cleared to walk that also means she is clear to go home but I told her she needs to be able to walk first and be able to get around ok. So we will see! Other than that, I have been busy trying to get orders out and emails caught up AGAIN! Seems like everytime I get a little ahead something else happens!

Anyway ...all last week I tried to sneak in a few minutes of crafty time here and there to get my Design team project done. This week it is masculine themes at both the Crafty Sentiments Designs Challenge and Loves Rubberstamps Challenge so my project will be inspiration for both challenges! That worked out great because with the limited crafty time it literally took me about 5 days to get this done - LOL! One night I colored the pieces for my boy in the chair, another night I cut all the pieces out and paper pieced it together! One night I colored the dog and other pieces, the 4th night I made the stage and cut the cardstock pieces, the last night put it all together! That was the longest drawn out project I had ever done, when usually it would take me a good solid, one evening since I am a slow crafter anyway - LOL! Oh well, it's done, it is cute and it, I hope anyway, will inspire you to join the challenges this week!

I created a Pop Up Stage Card so there are a lot of pictures...

Here is the outside...



The sentiment background is created with the Dad'isms stamp set from There She Goes. This set CRACKS ME UP...because I heard every one of these at least once growing up - LOL! The Dad ticket is from Crafty Sentiments Designs Just Words Set 2. The border edge is created using a Martha Stewart Punch.

Here is a look at the inside with the stage all popped up....



The stage floor I hand drew and then sponged to make it look like wood floors. The fireplace, radio, deer antlers and TV set are from There She Goes Stamps. The rug I created using a Spellbinders die set. The sentiment is one I made using the computer. The cute boy in the chair is called Taking a Nap and the dog is from the stamp Boy and Dog, both by Crafty Sentiments Designs. All my designer papers are from the Blissful Blizzard Paper pack from Fancy Pants Designs.

I think it turned out super cute :)

Here are some close ups...






I hope that you have a chance to get crafty with us this week because your project will be eligible to enter in BOTH the Crafty Sentiments Designs Challenge AND Loves Rubberstamps Challenge since they are both a masculine theme! SCORE! Plus both companies are offering AWESOME prizes this week...take a look...

Crafty Sentiments Designs - Masculine Theme - Not Just Father's Day - This week you can win this ADORABLE stamp...


AND... from the Loves Rubberstamps Challenge - All About the Boys! you can win...
a $20.00 Gift voucher from The Paper Shelter.... AND a Gift Voucher for wither $10.00 or $20.00!

So AWESOME prizes from both companies! Hope you get to play along this week!
Take care & Happy Stampin!
Laura

6 comments:

Linda Wescott

boy this is such a clever and inspiring card, had to come and take a closer look when I saw it on Crafty Sentiments. Your sentiment background is amusing, and so love your pop up elements. Awesome. Hugs lin

Marcy

This is so adorable Laura!!! I'd love to try this technique....so cool! Love this sweet little scene and it's a perfect Father's Day card! :)

Holly AKA KopyKat

OMGosh this is so super cute!!! I love the paper peiced jammies and chair, your coloring is fabulous, but that floor is so AMAZING!!! That's the first thing that caught my eye and I was wondering, "where did she get that floor stamp?" And you hand drew it! Talent!!! I love this. Glad Grandma is getting better. And thanks but it's so much more fun to read your posts than mine! lol.

Ivonne

This is gorgeous Laura! What a great creation! I love it! I am so glad you had a little time for crafting. Hugs, Ivonne

Athina

Wow! You blow me away! This is amazing!

Jacqueline Smith

Fabulous card Laura, Love the coloring and all the amazing details on your pop up card! You rocked this!

Post a Comment