Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Red, White & Blue at Loves Rubberstamps!

Hi Stampers!

I am back for my SECOND Post for the day! If  you are looking for my Crafty Sentiments Design Team Project just click here...

This week at Loves Rubberstamps we are doing a color challenge of Red, White & Blue! With Independence Day here in the US fast approaching, it seemed like a fitting theme :) You can go patriotic or just use the color scheme like I did for my piece.



I decided to use The Greeting Farm's Cheeky Beach. I love this line of stamps they are so cute and fun to color. I paper pieced her swimsuit and shoes with Royal Blue Glitter Paper. This was also my first time trying to create eye shadow using copics! I don't have very many colors yet so I kept it pretty light. That was scary adding it because if it didn't turn out well it I would have had to start coloring all over - LOL! But I am glad I tried because I think it turned out cute. Instead of coloring the flower in her hair I added a ribbon bow. My Sentiment is created using the Delicate Words Die from The Greeting Farm.

For my layout I chose to use the sketch from the Anyone For Anya challenge this week. I have to say that this sketch stumped me for quite awhile even though it looked pretty straight forward. I had a hard time figuring out what designer papers I wanted to have in the background. I think it took me longer to figure that out and how I wanted to do the corner decoration than it did to color my image - LOL! Here is the sketch...


I chose to us the strip at the bottom instead of the top corner and used rolled roses that I made with Night of Navy cardstock and placed them on top of flourish made with the Fancy Flourish Die-Namics. I added a pearl in the center using the Best Glue Ever and added some stickles to the edges for a little bling.
 



 
Here is a close up of my Cheeky Beach Cutie!


I used Copics and Spectrum Noir Markers to color her up.

Hair: E11, E13, E15, E18
Skin: SN FS2, E00, E11, E13, R20
Beach Ball - Spectrum Noir Reds
Lips - R59
Eyeshadow - E70
 
Thanks for stopping by today! Hope you will play along in our Red, White and Blue Challenge! We have awesome prizes this week from the Loves Rubberstamps Store AND Sweet 'N Sassy Stamps!
 
Laura
 
I will be entering this in the following challenges:
 
Anyone For Anya - Sketch Challenge
The Greeting Farm - Summer
Cutie Pie Challenge - #47 Paper Piecing
Paper Playtime - Ch #13 Red, White & Blue
Stamp and Create - June Challenge Summer Fun
Sentimental Sundays - For The Girls - 2nd Entry
The Corrosive Challenge Blog - Summertime - 2nd Entry
Creatalicious Challenge - Summer
Aud Sentiments - Summer

19 comments:

Rene

Hello yourself! ;D
This is fantastic! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Stamp and Create! Good luck and I hope to see you back in July for a new challenge!
Rene :D

Monika Reeck

Ooh Laura she is soooo adorable and she is a sexy Images and cute and I love how you colored her swimmsuit same with her shoe...lovely sketch too...may I have her...I mean would you mind to exchange the stamp image...you could choose one or more that you like from my blog and I love to have her some if you dont mind...cute card ..love this and thanks for your visit dear Laura

Lisa xx

Oooh this is gorgeous, what a fab image!

Thank you for joining in with the cutie pies xx

Holly AKA KopyKat

OMG I love the glitter bathing suit and the eye shadow, fabulous design with this sketch!

Annie Rose

She's gorgeous!

Marcy

This is so pretty Laura! I I love the Cheeky Beach girl and your coloring is so beautiful! Love all the details including the flower in her hair, the highlights on the ball and all of the sparkle! Gorgeous job! :)

Ms Scrapmess

This is one of the prettiest card I have ever seen! Your colouring is amazing! Thank you for joining us at Anyone for Anya :)

Jasmine

OMG, I adore everything about this! Amazing coloring, and perfect touches of sparkle. Great take on the sketch, and I love those rolled flowers. Thanks so much for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge!

Denice

What a gorgeous card, your coloring is oh, so pretty! Thanks for joining us for the red, white, blue & kraft challenge at Y&FH!

Blankina

So pretty!! Love it, glad you have joined ANYONE FOR ANYA this week..Good luck and do come back soon!
HUgs AFA DT Blankina

Athina

So glad to see you are crafting again! Your coloring is awesome, great highlights! Very cute!

eva

she is so pretty! wonderful card! thanks so much for joining the challenge at yumi and fumi handmade!

Grandma Bonnie

Miss Laura, simply adorable..love the close up and the details! Thanks for sharing your talent at Anyone for Anya! Please come back again!

Gem x

What a cute card, I love your pretty flowers, thanks for entering into the cutie pie challenge.
Gem DT xx

Mel @ Princess Melus Crafts

Cute image and great design and embellishments! Beautiful!

Thank you for sharing this with us at Aud Sentiments!

Mel xx

Leanne

HI Laura!!
woweee!! This is one awesome card! I love the darker shades of colors you used and Cheeky Beach is beautiful!!
Thanks so much for joining our red/white/blue/kraft challenge at Y&FH! Good luck and Happy Independence day!
:D
xx

kanatanewf

Beautiful card! Love all the wonderful accents!

Denice

Cheeky is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Y&FH for the Red, White, and Blue challenge.

Helen

Just gorgeous, Laura - love her paper pieced swim suit and shoes and that little bow in her hair.

Thanks for joining us at the Cutie Pie Blog Challenge.

Helen x

Post a Comment