Sunday, January 5, 2014

Sensational Sunday Blog Hop...THERE IS A CHANCE!

Hello Friends and Stampers,

Welcome to our Sensational Sunday Inspirations Blog Hop!!  This week the our Sunday Blog Hop winner was chosen from Marcy's Blog

Here are your random numbers:


1

Timestamp: 2014-01-05 05:58:35 UTC

Congratulations to Zehra who said: 
Oh my, this is a lovely card, awesome layout, beautiful coloring

Congratulations Zehra!  You're name will be in the $20.00 Gift Card Drawing for today!


People in the running for December's $20.00 Gift Voucher:

1. Mona Pendleton
2. I Am Uniquely Imperfect
3. Zehra

This month's winner is... 

 Here are your random numbers:

2

Timestamp: 2014-01-05 06:01:28 UTC

Congratulations to - I Am Uniquely Imperfect - Patricia B. Please send an email to lovesrubberstamps@yahoo.com to claim your prize by January 11th!

Welcome to the Loves Rubberstamps weekly Sensational Sunday Blog Hop! The Design Team has created some gorgeous projects for your Inspiration. Check out each link and leave a comment. If you get lost along the way, each stop will have a full list of links. One of the Design Team posts is the hop's Sensational Sunday Sweet Spot and a name will be drawn from that list of comments to be in a monthly drawing for a $20 Loves Rubberstamps Gift Voucher! We will draw the winner of the Voucher the 1st Sunday of each month! Remember, you have until 8:00 pm CST Saturday to leave your comments!

For my project today I wanted something that looked really sweet and innocent but had some Sass to it :) I used the absolutely adorable Jasmin - Warm Cuppa from Crafty Sentiments Designs for my main image. I really love this one - it is one of my favorite images :)



My sentiment is computer generated and I had actually seen this saying on a coffee mug on pinterest and thought it was funny ... I actually want to get one for myself for a work mug - LOL! While I was making this card I had had the pleasure of listening to my children fight and argue like 3 year olds over doing the dishes together, and I think I was ready for my own mug to contain some vodka by the time I was done!!! LOL!

I really LOVE how this turned out and the color scheme together. The papers I used are from the Blissful Blizzard Paper Collection from Fancy Pants Designs, so I colored my image in a similar scheme to the papers I was going to use. I usually just color my image how I want first and then try and find papers I like that match so I think this worked out a little better for me :)

I colored my image with copic markers and this was my first time trying a darker skin tone so I am really happy how it turned out. When I first started coloring the skin I wasn't sure if I would like it or not, but once it dried, I loved it!

Here is a closer look at my image...


I remembered to write the marker colors that I used down this time :)

Skin - E00, E11, E13, E21, R20
Hair/coffee - E47, E49, E57
Greys - W0, W3, W5
Blues/Aqua - B00, BG000
Mug - R56, R59
Eyes - G94, G99
Steam for the mug I just used a white gel pen

Here is a list of everything I used on my card:
Martha Stewart Branch Punch & Scallop Border Punch
Prima Flowers (coming soon!)
Spellbinders classic circles

For my sketch layout, I chose a card sketch that I have had tucked away in my card sketches folder on pinterest that was designed by Creawitch. 


I hope you enjoyed my project today and it gave you a chuckle :) Now be sure to hop along with us and if you are a regular hopper you will notice that our line up has grown AND you will see some new faces as this is our first Sunday Hop with our new Design Team Members!! I know they will have some gorgeous projects for you to check out! Don't forget to leave your comments for your chance to be in our gift voucher drawing on Feb. 2nd! Don't forget to play along in our New Year Resolutions Challenge this week... AND when you get a moment slip on over to our store and check out the NEW ITEMS section...you will see a new company added... Cas-ual Fridays Stamps! We have them listed as a Pre-Order right now and our first order will be going in on January 18th! Yeah!


Have a great day! Thanks for stopping by!
Laura

I will be entering this in the following challenges:

Copic Challenge Group - Anything Goes - Jan 17th
Card Makin Mamas - Cmm78 Anything Goes - Jan 17th
Creative Fingers Challenge - Anything Goes - Jan 9th
Delicious Doodles - Layer Up - Jan 9th
Sister Act Card Challenge - Anything Goes - Jan 9th
Stempelsonne Challenges - Anything Goes - Jan 9th
C.R.A.F.T Challenge - Anything Goes - Jan 8th
Cute Card Thursday - Banish the Blues - Jan 8th
Crafting By Designs - Almost a Month Challenge Anything Goes - Jan 25th
Creative Moments - Anything Goes - Jan 14th
Divas By Design - Anything Goes - Jan 7th
Inky Impressions - Anything Goes - Jan 8th
Natalie & Amy's - One For The Girlies - Jan 31st
Once Crazy Stamper - Anything Goes - Jan 31st
OOZAK - Anything Goes Blue Tones - Jan 15th
Bearly Mine Challenges - Anything Goes - Jan 7th
Creative Card Crew - Anything Goes - Jan 12th
Creative Craft Challenges - Anything Goes - Jan 12th

31 comments:

PaperDaisies

Stunning card Laura. Fabulous sentiment. I love the way you have coloured her hair and I like the darker skin tones. Great job. Have a great week ahead. Hugs Nina

Lydia

Such a cute card ... and then the sentiment .. lol xx love it xxx

Dreja

Was für eine phantastische Karte! Und das Motiv gefällt mir sehr gut.
Danke daß du bei der SsC mitmachst.
LG Dreja

Shell Shearer Swinscoe

This is just gorgeous & I love the sentiment lol!

Thank you for sharing with us at Natalie & Amy's this month, good luck!
Happy New Year
Hugs Shell xx

Trimgym

Lovely card, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and Happy New Year!

Jo

Holly AKA KopyKat

OMGosh Vodka? She's too cute to be drinking Vodka! lol. Love this adorable card design and how you used the sketch. The flowers are stunning and I love the banner. Fabulous coloring and the frantage is perfect! Love it.

Unknown

Laura your skin coloring is gorgeous, can't believe its your first time, now I want to try darker skin tones! Love your beautiful card!

Athina

Laura, I love how you have used those papers. I have them, but havent' used them much. Beautiful coloring and card! I love the sentiment, so true in many cases! Have a great week!

IamUniquelyImperfect

I love this card! hahaha I found the vodka, it was in the orange juice!!! I could use some now! tfs Patricia B

Marcy
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marcy

Laura, I absolutely love your card and your design! I might need to "scraplift" that sketch! Your coloring is gorgeous too. Beautiful job with this! :)

Anonymous

Fabulous, fun, & FUNNY!!! Kept me smiling all day today !!! ;))
(I saw it this morning!)
I love how you did the out of the box technique -- & her skin looks great!!!
Nicole’s Craft Nook
Nicole’s Valentine’s Day BLOG Candy

La Papera Gialla

What a gorgeous card! I love it!
Thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T.Challenge this week!
Monica - DT

Dangina Martinez

Hilarious! That is the cutest! Love the image, banner and fun layout and of course your fabulous coloring.

Regina Easter

hahahaha love it

Janine

Fantastic card, made me chuckle! Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design.
Hugs, Janine xx

shampylou30

Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at creative moments challenge xxxxx

Tina

Eine wundervolle Karte ist das.
Vielen Dank für die Teilnahme bei der SsC.
LG Tina

Anonymous

Das ist großartig geworden!
Hab herzlichen Dank für Deine TN bei der Stempelsonne
GLG Tamesis

Céline

totally amazing Laura, love it
hugs
céline

Becca's Place

Love your card! Love the colors!

Anonymous

Love the card and the heart banner! Thanks for joining us at Card Making Mamas!

Maire Gamber

Fabulous card! It is my first time seeing the wonderful image! You did such a beautiful job on our card. Thank you for joining us for our CMC Challenge!
Hugs,
Marie

Anonymous

A fun and beautiful card. Great use of the sketch. Thanks for sharing it at Creative Fingers. Leona (DT)

Granmargaret

Lovely card and beautiful colouring. Thank you for joining the challenge at Creative Fingers

Rita Edwards - Edwards Design

Hahahahaaaa What a funny and sweet card! Could be coffee :)
Thank you for sharing your artwork at Creative Fingers!
hugs, Rita DT member

Hristovica

Super fun card and inscription. I loved how your coloring page.
Thank you for participating in the Creative Card Crew challenge. Adriana DT

Heidi Brawley

This is very Adorable!!!!!!!! OMG I would Love to win the 20.00 store credit!!!
hugs, Heidi

Tindaloo

Gorgeous card and such a sweet image ♥ Congrats on your 'Top 3' pick at Creative Fingers
Thanks for participating, and join again soon :) DT

Anonymous

I love the colouring you did, great curly hair!
Greetings,
Astrid

http://lovecopics.wordpress.com

Samantha Casey

Stunning coloring! This is a beautiful card! Amazing job! Thanks for playing the Oozak Challenge!
-Samantha

Post a Comment