Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Such a Lovely Day

Hi Stampers!

Today we start a new Loves Rubberstamps Challenge! This week our Design Team coordinator Holly chose our theme - to use lace on your project! My favorite kind of lace to use is the crochet lace, so pretty!

This week we also have a special Guest Sponsor - Crafty Sentiments Designs...so I have chosen to use another one of my rubber stamps that I have not had a chance to get inky yet :)



This cutie is called Springtime Kaye! I love her flowing hair and cute button nose :) This is an awesome image to practice your copic marker skills on because it has very nice wide areas and the hair is wavy but had nicely divided sections. So it would be great for someone of all levels of coloring skills.

I decided to practice my cloud making and grass as well. I kind of like how they turned out. For my clouds I used W0 to map out my cloud shapes, then then added some W1 and then dotted my main sky color - BG00 at the bases, then to do the sky I just streaked the BG00 from the image out to the side and then because my BG000 was dry as a bone and would not one little streak of color...I just used my blender pen to go from the outside in to soften the edges and make a little gradient. All in all I think it turned out pretty good! I haven't practiced doing clouds very much so I am still learning.

I wanted to keep my embellishments simple and I just let the sentiment on my paper do the work for me :) 

Here is a close up of cute Miss Kaye...notice I paper pieced her overalls :)




Thanks for stopping by today! Be sure to play along in our USE LACE CHALLENGE!

Laura

Supplies Used:

I will be entering this in the following challenges:

Fan-Tastic Tuesday - Make It Cute or Sweet
Challenges 4 Everybody - Everything Goes
Scrapper's Delights - Favorite Colors - Pink & Brown Color Combination
Kitty Bee Designs - Something New - Used New Stamp!
Paper Creator's Crafts - Anything Goes
Sister Act Card Challenge - Anything Goes
4 Krafty Girls - Anything Goes
Cute Card Thursday - So Sweet
Crafting By Designs - Get Your Girl On
Crafting For All Seasons - For The Girls

15 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat

Oh your clouds are great and the dp and coloring is fabulous. Love this cute little image!

Nikki

Gorgeous Laura. Love those dsps and the paper piecing on your image. She is so cute.

Nikki

Dangina Martinez

Gorgeous creation. Love that Dp pad. It is missing from my collection. Your image is too sweet.

Pat (mspfd)

Precious image which you brought to life with beautiful coloring and paper piecing. What a fab card!

KraftyKoolKat

Thank you for sharing your lovely creatione with us at Challenges 4 Everybody.

Hugs
Cathy DT Member
xxxxxxx

Unknown

Beautiful Design, love the image, thank you for joining us over at Fan-Tastic Tuesday, we would love you to join us again next week for another fab challenge....
Hugs
Suzy B DT
X

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com

Such a beautiful card, love the design and image. Thank you for joining us over at Crafting For All Seasons, good luck and we hope to see you again soon. Love Alison xx

Crafty Judith

fab job hun and ty for joining us at Fan-Tastic Tuesday xx

Anonymous

ah, cute! i love how you've framed the adorable image and your clouds are great! i also love how you've colour coordinated everything and the paper piecing - wow, that's a lot of work.

crafty-stamper

cute image and pretty papers love the lace trim and fabric flower-thanks for joining us at Crafty Girls
Carol DT x

Zella

WOW - what a great job on those clouds....and your coloring is amazing!!!! Such a cute image and so many special details on your card. Absolutely amazing!!! Thank you for joining us for our Aloha Friday Challenge #15 - Something New at Kitty Bee Designs.
Blessings,
Zella
Kitty Bee DT

Athina

Those clouds and grass look amazing! Beautiful card using some of my fav papers! Love it!

Anonymous

So super cute! The image is so well colored and the colors are perfect! Thank you for coloring along with us at Scrapper's Delights Challenge.

DT Nadja

Dawn

So cute & girly!
Thanks for playing at CFAS this time!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

Anonymous

Oh this little Girl is sooo sweet. Love it. Perfect Paper peicing.
Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.
Hugs Elfie

Post a Comment