Wednesday, January 1, 2014

I'll Toast to THAT!

Hi Stampers!

HAPPY NEW YEAR! Hope you had a safe and fun time last night. We stayed at home and watched movies. I made Austin and his friend John a "Mocktail" and Alicia, Tim and I tried a new drink called Liquid Skittles. It was ok, but I didn't have the right rum, so not sure if that would have made it a little better. It was really sweet and you could only drink one, which was fine because that was all we planned on having anyway ;)

Well, my home internet is working again (YAY!) hopefully it stays working for awhile! This week for The Cutting Cafe we had a Free Choice of what file we wanted to work with so I decided to combine my Design Team Project for The Cutting Cafe and my Inspiration Project for this week's Loves Rubberstamps Challenge of New Year Resolutions. Here is what I came up with...


I used one of my FAVORITE New Year's Eve Printable Stamp Sets from The Cutting Cafe called Happy New Years. There are 23 images and sentiments in this set - including the two on the front of my Criss Cross Card. I LOVE the ..."Here's to another year of BAD HABITS!" sentiment! LOL! This is perfect for not only New Year's projects but you could even use it for Birthday's, Anniversaries...lots of fun things! This seems to sum up my "Resolutions" every year since I usually can only stick to them about 3 weeks if I am lucky ;)

I paired these fun sentiments with Opal the Optimist from my favorite Stamping Bella Line - Uptown Girls. I used memento tuxedo black ink to stamp her on crafter's companion ultra smooth white cardstock before coloring her up with copic markers. I also added some stickles to her dress and shoes. I added some rolled roses, which I also covered in stickles. The branches are from my Martha Stewart Branch Punch and the tab on my insert is created using the My Favorite Things Die-namics called Vintage Flourish. I added my super favorite flower trim that is actually from Stampin Up! along the bottom. I need more of this!

Here is a look at the insert pulled out...


And a Closer peek at the Resolutions list... :D


This Top Ten Resolutions list is also one of the images you get in the Happy New Years set from The Cutting Cafe!


Here is a close up of Ms. Opal.

If you remember yesterday I shared that one of the highlights of our Christmas was that I F-I-N-A-L-L-Y finished the afghan for my son, Austin, that I started 13 years ago when he was 3...here is a picture of him holding his afghan. This sucker is HUGE...Austin is 6'0 tall and as you can see this is plenty long enough! He totally loved it and said it was worth the 13 year wait....melt my heart :)



Be sure to stop by The Cutting Cafe Inspiration Blog this afternoon to see what files my fellow Design Team chose to use (always fun to see what everyone chooses on the free weeks!) PLUS Regina always draws a lucky winner from those who leave comments so be sure to do that as well! 

We hope to see you play along in our New Year's Resolutions challenge at Loves Rubberstamps as well! 
Thanks so much for stopping by!

Laura

I will be entering this in the following challenges:

Chocolate, Coffee & Cards - New Beginnings - Jan 9th
Cut It Up Challenge - New Year's Celebrations - Jan 8th
Sister Act Card Challenge - Anything Goes - Jan 9th
Stempelsonne Challenges - Anything Goes - Jan 9th
7 Kids College Fund - Anything Goes - Jan 17th
Crafting By Designs - Anything Goes - Jan 25th
Creative Moments - Anything Goes - Jan 14th
Divas By Design - Anything Goes - Jan 7th
Inky Impressions - Anything Goes - Jan 8th
Little Red Wagon - New Beginnings - Jan 7th
Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge - Something New - Jan 8th
Creatalicious Challenges - 2014 Wishes - Jan 15th
Heck of a Challenge - New - Jan 31st
Mema's Crafts - January Challenge Bingo - Jan 31st - Rubber Stamp, Dies/Punches, Free & Pearls/Bling
Natalie & Amy's - One For The Girlies - Jan 31st
One Crazy Stamper - Anything Goes - Jan 31st
OOZAK- Anything Goes - Blue Tones - Jan 15th
Bearly Mine Challenges - Anything Goes - Jan 7th
Creative Card Crew - Anything Goes - Jan 12th
Creative Craft Challenges - Anything Goes - Jan 12th

31 comments:

PaperDaisies

What a gorgeous criss cross card Laura. Your colouring is awesome. I love your resolutions. They made me smile. The Afghan is fabulous. Great job. All the best for 2014. Hugs Nina

Regina Easter

ugh........i don't think my first comment went through...soooooooooo heres it again...boy he is tall...oh my, that blanket is soooooooo awesome.....and your card totally rocks...love it

IamUniquelyImperfect

Happy 2014!! Oh my goodness, who let you see my resolution list!?! lol I love your card, it is perfect! I would have waited 13 years for that blanket too! I can just imagine your son in college with that blanket wrapped around him and his girlfriend while they watch a football game.... Love Ya' Patricia B

Anonymous

LOL!!! That made me crack up, Laura!!! The outside of your card was already super fun and had me smiling... then I say the insert!!!
LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!! too fun!! I need to make a list... but I need to try to keep things simple this year... in every way... :) :)

Nicole’s Craft Nook
Nicole’s Valentine’s Day BLOG Candy

Anonymous

GREAT JOB!!! At least you finished it!!! LOL!!!

Unknown

Gorgeous afghan Laura....and wow your son is tall!! I love your project and your resolution list is too hilarious!:)

Athina

Awe Laura! That is awesome! What a beautiful job on both the card and afghan. I know it was worth the wait! Happy New Years to you!

Shanna Shands

How fun I love bad habits. The blanket looks amazing you did a great job!

Marcy

Wow, Laura...your card is so pretty and I just loved reading your "updated" resolutions!!! LOL I can totally relate to several of them too! I'm so happy you were able to make that afghan for Austin....definitely worth the wait and it is awesome!!! Happy New Year 2014 to you and your family! :)

SiskiyouSue

Your card is wonderful. Pretty and witty at the same time, perfect. And your afghan is awesome. One lucky kid!

Dangina Martinez

Dang Girl! You got down on that Afghan! It Looks amazing so glad you shared the pic. That card is way to cute. I love the image and and the funny sentiments. You Rock!
Hugs, Dangina

Holly AKA KopyKat

Okay, I'm so fighting Austin for that Aphgan, not only is it perfect for me, it's long and I like them long enough to tuck my feet under!

Super cute card, love the criss cross design! Adorable image and I so agree with the sentiment, lol. love the beautiful flower border and you know who is selling S.U. that is on our team right? You could so score some from Nikki.

Love it. Happy New Year!

Dreja

Große Klasse! Danke daß du bei der SsC mitmachst.
LG Dreja

Migdalia

Fabulous & Fun!! AWESOME job!!
Thank you for joining us at Cut It Up Challenges.
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥

Jac’s Playground

Love your card and your resolution list, lol, fab afghan too, thanks for joining us at Divas By Design this week. Jac x

Mema's Crafts

Lovely card and I love your resolutions..I may borrow them. Congrats on finishing the afghan. In between all this you managed to play with us at Mema's Crafts and we appreciate that.

Sarah

What a fun card! Love it all! You did a great job on that afghan....even if it did take 13 years! thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenges!

Mollie

Your card makes me smile and I have to chuckle at your list! Great job with your projects!!! Thanks for sharing with us at Cut It Up Challenges!!!

Emily - Mollie's Motif

Anonymous

I love that card! It's a cool design and very funny!
Thanks for entering our New Year's Celebration at Cut it Up!
Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com
http://cutitupchallenges.blogspot.com/

Lisa Minckler

LOLOL...I absolutely LOVE this card!! The top 10 are a riot. Beautiful work too on that afghan, my goodness...if that isn't dedication and devotion, I don't know what is. Great job :)
hugs,
Lisa x

Jayne

Lovely card Laura, gorgeous image and I love the sentiment! Thanks for sharing with us over at Little Red Wagon this week.

Tina

Super sieht das aus. Vielen Dank für die Teilnahme bei der SsC.
LG Tina

Anonymous

Das ist großartig geworden!
Hab herzlichen Dank für Deine TN bei der Stempelsonne
GLG Tamesis

Kelly

Wow this is a fabulous card! I love your sentiment and the inside list all crossed off and revised. So very fun and true! Thank you for joining us at http://www.7kidscollegefund.com13401. Hugs Kelly

Joanne

I absolutely LOVE your card! It made me giggle! It it so fun and so nicely laid out, just SUPER! Thanx so much for playing along with us at CC&CC for our New Beginnings challenge, and Happy New Year! Joanne

cheiron

Fabulous card...and I LOVE the afghan!!! Thank you for playing along in with our Something New Challenge this week over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

Cindy

Fabulous project--soo FUN! Love all the details on it and the pull out card for writing your resolutions! And that afghan is wonderful! Thanks for playing along with us at Cut It Up.

MackieMade Paper Creations

Love your fabulous crisscross card! It is so darn cute and funny! Thanks for sharing it with us at www.7 kidscollegefund.com! LOVE the insert...sounds like my kind of resolutions!

alex

What a wonderful fun creation, love the image and great sentiment, thank you for playing at Creative Moments
Alex x

Karen

WOW! I love your card. Such great colors and design. Thanks for joining us at 7KidsCollegeFund.com.
Karen

Samantha Casey

Wow! I love all the detail on you card, this is so much fun! Amazing job! Thanks for playing the Oozak Challenge!
-Samantha

Post a Comment