Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Ahhh...Adorable Milton!

Good Morning Stampers!

Guess what today is? Our very first Loves Rubberstamps Blog Challenge with our new Design Team! YAY!

Here is the card that I made for my Inspiration project for this week's challenge - ANYTHING GOES...



The image I used is from Wild Rose Studio and it is called Milton with Lily. I love Milton...he is sooooo cute!  I am super excited about my card today because I have been experimenting with Hybrid Coloring and I have to say, I am really lovin the results! Hybrid Coloring is when you mix markers with colored pencils to color your image.

To color my Milton I used my Spectrum Noir Alcohol Ink Markers to color my entire image first. Then I came back and used my prismacolor pencils to do a little shading in the center of the flower and a little bit of the darkers shadows on my bear. I also used prismacolor pencils to add the pink to his cheeks. Then I just blended the pencil using a dry tortillon or paper stump. The grass and the shading around the image is all done using my prismacolor pencils and gamsol to blend.

This is only my second time trying this technique and it is fast becoming a favorite! Here is a closer look at my Milton image...


The sentiment is from the Flourishes Stamp Set - Apple of My Eye. I added some dots of glitter to the center of my flower and a few highlights with my white gel pen. I stamped my image using India Ink  on Crafter's Companion Ultra Smooth Premium White Cardstock for Alcohol Markers.

I used this Bellariffic Sketch from Stamping Bella for my card layout:


Hope you liked my card today :)

Please come and join us in our Blog Challenge... You could be the lucky winner of a gift voucher for up to $50 to use in our store!

Also don't forget to become our facebook fan... we will be giving away a gift voucher for $100 to our store each time we hit 500 new fans!

Thanks for stopping by! Happy Stamping!
Laura


Pin It

2 comments:

CraftyMomOf3

This is SOOOOOOOO cute Laura!! Love that sparkly flower!!

Crafty Hugs!
Meredith
=)

Ceal

super cute,and your coloring is fabby. I have never tried hybrid coloring, something I will have to give a try

Post a Comment