Sunday, June 3, 2012

My Sunday Shares - June 3rd

Good Morning Everyone!

Hard to believe it is JUNE already! I am super excited for a couple of reasons today! First the artist I am featuring today is incredibly awesome and.... this week starts our first week with our new design team! YAY! We will start rolling out all kinds of beautiful and inspirational pieces of art that you can drool over starting on Monday with a super cute card by Olivia Marmara! And BELIEVE me it is SUPER CUTE! I have seen it already :)

Don't forget to mark your calendars to play along with us in our Loves Rubberstamps Blog Challenges which will post every Tuesday - the first one being on the 5th... you could be the lucky winner of a gift voucher to our store to pick yourself up some goodies! The more people that play... the more the vouchers will become so tell all your friends! Better yet... be sure and grab our Blog Challenges button, post it on your blog and then shoot me an email and you will also get a FREE SHIPPING coupon good on any size order! It is going to be a BLAST!

Now are you ready to droll over some of the cutest cards EVER? Today I am only featuring one, very talented paper artist because her work is just that awesome! As I told you in last week's shares I have a little obsession with Paper Smooches stamps because they are so fun and when I saw this card made with one of my most favorite paper Smooches stamp sets Alfresco... you will completely understand my obsession....


Isn't that the sweetest card you have ever seen? Gives me the giggles every time I see it! Can you believe that this card has NO patterned paper...nope...none!! That gorgeous red gingham pattern was made using the Debonair stamp set! This "cutest card on the planet" was created by the super talented, Kimberly, whose blog is called Paper Yummies. Very appropriate because her blog is FULL of some of the most adorable cards you will find! Kimberly is awesome at clean and simple cards which, for me anyway, can be challenging. Kimberly graciously told me I could share any of her cards that I liked so here are some of my other favorites that she has created (and believe me I had a hard time choosing which ones to share because I loved...her whole blog - LOL...


I chose this one to share with you because I really loved how Kimberly used Vellum as an overlay on her designer paper to change the look and give it some contrast. Brilliant idea! This card was created with the Paper Smooches Set - Circle of Honor and also the stars from Smarty Pants.

These next 3 cards of Kimberly's all use another one of my favorite Paper Smooches sets called Get Outta Town. I chose these three to show you because they demonstrate what I love about the paper smooches stamp sets... they are fun and have a little silliness mixed in...but they are SUPER versatile and allow you to create a wide range of looks from just one set.



This one features a cute little island with some palm trees.  If you look closely the same stamp image that was used to create the little birds... is also the same image upside down to create the waves! Very cool!


Now if you look at this card, Kimberly used the coconut drink and saying from the same stamp set. What I LOVED about this card is she added FLOCK to the coconut...look...


Super cute and it is the PERFECT touch! Makes you just want to touch it - LOL!

Now using the SAME stamp set Kimberly created this elegant beauty....


She used the flower stamp multiple times and colored it. The sentiment she created using two other Paper Smooches sets Pretty Momma and Simply Said. Could you tell that they were two separate stamp sets to create that greeting? I didn't until I read her post about creating this card! That is another thing I love about Paper Smooches... the sets all work together...did I mention that I love Paper Smooches yet? LOL!

I wanted to share this gorgeous card because well it is simply stunning....



I love the colors that Kimberly chose and the way she popped her butterflies. This card uses the Pretty Momma and Simply Said stamp sets from Paper Smooches. I also love the stitching that she did. Sewing is on my list of things to learn because I love the way it looks on your cards - it gives it that extra pop sometimes.

The last card that I chose to share is one that Kimberly did using a stamp set from....LAWN FAWN! Ha Ha! I bet you thought I was going to say Paper Smooches again...


See why I HAD to share this one... ADORABLE! Se used Lawn Fawn's My Silly Valentine, which can be used for many more occasions than just Valentine's Day as Kimberly shows. I LOVE the stamped sentiment on the elementary style writing paper - fits perfectly and adds the perfect touch!

I hope you enjoyed Kimberly's cards as much as I did! Take the time to become a follower of her blog - Paper Yummies - because there is definitely lots more yumminess to be found!

If you want to read more on Kimberly's Creations that are featured here - just click the following links and they will take you directly to her post for that card:

Lawn Fawn - Apple of my Eye Card

Paper Smooches - Welcome Home, Hero Card

Paper Smooches - Wish Big Ant - Cutest Card on the Planet!

Paper Smooches - Coconut Card & Thanks Mom

Paper Smooches - Happy Place Island Card

Paper Smooches - Happy Everything Card

I want to extend a HUGE THANK YOU to Kimberly for allowing me to share her creative genius with you! I hope you enjoyed Kimberly's work as much as I do!

Don't forget... come play with us on Tuesday, June 5th for our first blog challenge with our design team! It will be a lot of fun :)

Happy Stamping All and enjoy the rest of your weekend!! - Laura



Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment