Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Little Rainbow Birdies

Good Morning!

I love Tuesdays because that is when we start a new Loves Rubberstamps Blog Challenge! It is so fun to see how everyone is inspired by the challenges and what they create. This week there will be a $25.00 gift voucher to shop at the Loves Rubberstamps store for the lucky winner so be sure and play along!

This week's challenge is a Pinterest Photo Inspiration challenge. I am addicted to Pinterest...I can admit it :)

This was the photograph that was chosen for inspiration:


This photograph is called Food of the Rainbow by - Henry Hargreaves

Doesn't that look yummy? Here is the card that I was inspired to create...



I colored the sweet little birdies to match the colors of the ice cream in the photograph! Could you imagine seeing a little birdie display like that in your garden? The little girl image is from the Wee Stamps Collection from Whimsy stamps called Peggy. This is a new stamp that we just had arrive! I will have it listed in the store by tomorrow along with some new release June stamps from Whimsy! Totally excited about that!

To create my scene I used a few different C.C. Designs Cutters Dies.  The first was the Fence Border. I cut out two fences and cut the posts off one and popped them up to make it more dimensional. I had a texture plate that was wood grain looking and just inked it with my ink pad and pressed it on the posts before popping them. I also sponged the edges and punched the top post with a fiskars border punch that I had. I layered a scrap piece on pink pirouette cardstock from Stampin Up! behind the hearts so you can see them.

In front of the fence I used the Flower Border Cutters Die and the Grass Border Cutters Die.
The flowers I did twice and then cut just the flower tops off and glued them on the green base. The grass piece I ran through a crimper before placing it on my card.

I also cut out my Peggy image and popped her up on dimensionals too! Lots of cutting and popping going on on my card today! That sounds like it should be a hip hop dance move - the Cut & Pop...ok.. cheesy I know but it is early in the morning :)

To finish my scene I just created a cloudy sky using a sponge and scallop punchie and then stamped a sentiment from Paper Smooches - Get Outta Town set on the corner. The little rainbow birdies are also from the Whimsy Stamps Peggy Stamp, I just stamped the bird multiple times and cut it out and popped them up using glue dots. I colored my birds and image using Spectrum Noir Alcohol Ink Markers and added just a little bit of prismacolor to deepen some shadows. This was a fun card to make! I hope you enjoy it and play along in our Blog Challenge! I would LOVE to see how you are inspired by this fun photograph :)

Happy Stamping!
Laura

Pin It

3 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat

This is so cute! I love the multicolored birds, just like the pic of the ice creams. The little girl and fence and clouds, what a wonderful scene. So great.

Jacqueline Smith

Really beautiful card Laura, love all the attention to detail with your card especially the fence.

Lisa

love the adorable little birdies!!!! SO cute!

Post a Comment