Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A Little Sass!

Yay! I still have the internet! Miracles never cease :)  Now I get to play catch up on all the things that I couldn't do while it was down! I don't know how I functioned without it, it was like the stone ages at my house - LOL. The saying "Don't know what you got until it is gone" is the truth...even when it comes to things like the internet!

Today I created a card that is for this week's Loves Rubberstamps Challenge, to create a card that features a red,white and blue color scheme. This week we will be giving away another $25 gift voucher for use in the store so play along!




My card uses the super cute Sassy Emma from the Sugarplums collection by C.C. Designs. I colored her using my Spectrum Noir Alcohol Ink Markers and then used prismacolor pencils for her skin. I used the Ultra Smooth Premium White Cardstock that is designed for use with Alcohol Ink Markers. This makes a huge difference when you use markers like these. I hand wrote the "USA" on her shirt with a red gel pen. The Celebrate saying and the Firework Images are from a retired stamp set from Cornish Heritage Farms called America the Beautiful created by the talented Kim Hughes who is the designer for Paper Smooches stamps!

I created my own background using the inlaid embossing technique and the Snowburst Embossing folder from Stampin Up!. The red circle with stars around is a Spellbinders Nestibilities - Star Circles that we just got in this weekend and will be available in our store later today!

I hope you like my card! Come play along with us in the Loves Rubberstamps Challenge :)

Happy Stamping!
Laura

Pin It

3 comments:

CraftyMomOf3

I simply LOVE this background Laura!! So super cute!!

Crafty Hugs!
Meredith

Jacqueline Smith

What a awesome card especially how you did the background!

Pam Sparks

Adorable card! I'm in Oskaloosa... what city are you in?

Post a Comment