Friday, September 7, 2012

Inspirations from Holly & Lisa!

Hi all -

I spent most all of yesterday with my son at the doctor. He came down with a severe headache that affected his vision and made him throw up. It ended up being a classic migraine but scared the ba-jeezes out of us. No one that I know of in our immediate family gets them so it was a new experience for all of us and not one I hope gets repeated! I spent most of the time taking care of him so I wasn't able to get on the computer yesterday for very long.

Sooo today you will get TWO TREATS! I will share Lisa's card that was supposed to be yesterday's post and then being Friday...it's Holly's day!! So you will get to see both :)

First up...Lisa's!



This gorgeous little fairy is from Kraftin Kimmie Stamps and is called Rosabelle. Lisa paired this with the Spellbinders Nestabilities Star Circles and the Die-namics Loopy Bloom and Open Bracket dies from My Favorite Things. These are some beautiful colors and that loopy bloom is AWESOME! I love that!

Next up is Holly...



Holly's beautiful card features the ever so glamorus Marilyn also from Kraftin Kimmie Stamps. She is from the Old Hollywood Collection. Holly did a GORGEOUS job coloring her image. For that beautiful vertical strip Holly used the Die-namics Die called Retro Squares from My Favorite Things. They have some of the BEST dies!

Marilyn Monroe is one of my favorite classic movie stars. I did draw a picture of Marilyn in pencil back in 2003....



I was just drawing for fun...practicing my portraits. Well I am off to get some orders packaged up...the SATURATED CANARY PREORDERS arrived today! YAY!!

If you get some stampy time be sure to enter this week's Loves Rubberstamps Challenge...it's an ANYTHING GOES and there will be a prize not only from our store but The Cutting Cafe too! Don't miss out!

Have a great night!
Laura

Pin It

2 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat

OMGosh Laura! Your drawing is amazing!!! Love the portrait and the details you captured. Lisa, your KK is so adorable, love all the dies and details you put in your card.

Jacqueline Smith

OMG you drawing is so awesome, I would love to draw like that!! I use to paint in oils. Great job!

Post a Comment