Thursday, September 20, 2012

Pretty Pink Snowflake?!?!

Hi Stampers -

Just a quick reminder that we are having a DESIGN TEAM CALL for Loves Rubberstamps! Don't miss it :) 

Ok... on to today's card .... I am not sure if I really like this yet or not - LOL! Do you ever do that? It seemed a lot prettier in my mind! I think it is ok...but definately not one of my favorites...but I worked on it forever so I am gonna show it anyway - LOL...



I wanted to play in a splitcoast challenge this week because it has been awhile. I decided to REALLY challenge myself with the color challenge this week! You were to use Primrose Petals, Pink Pirouette, & Lucky Limemade...YIKES! This is a perfect color combo for flowers...but the dessert was a Christmas card...and I like dessert just ask my waistline - LOL!

This frame illusion technique is the master mind of Michelle Zindorf, who is awesome! Basically the whole main panel is a one layer card. I started off by stamping the dark pink snowflake by inking with versamark, then primrose petals. I then embossed it with the irridescent ice. Then I stamped the snowflake flourish all around in just versamark and clear embossed it. I sponged pink pirouette to create my "canvas", taped the center off with post it notes, then sponged crumb cake, soft suede, and early espresso to create the wood frame. I removed the post its and responged crumb cake at the edges to soften. Then went very lightly with a sponge and primrose around the very edge of the faux canvas and the center of the snowflake to create some depth. I created the shadow with a close to cocoa marker.

I used the Lucky Limeade for my sentiment.

I have to apologize because my picture isn't the greatest! These colors do not photograph well with my el-cheapo camera. I promise it does look a little better in real life because it does have irridescent ice on the primrose petals snowflake so it shimmers...LOL

The images are all from the CHILLIN stamp set from Tattered Angels. I LOVE this set but haven't used it much because it is HUGE 12" x 12" and so are the images! This would be an AWESOME set for art journals or scrapbook pages, not so much card fronts.

I also wanted to create an inspiration piece for this week's Loves Rubberstamps Challenge which is to create your own background. I used my favorite technique of sponging scenes. Come play with us and show us your favorite technique to use to create a background :)

Anyway... I think I will give this card to my Mom for Christmas since I am not sure about it...LOL...she will love it and if she doesn't she will tell me that she does - LOL!

Happy Stampin All!
Laura

Pin It
I am entering this in the following challenges:

In The Pink - Lots of Pink plus Embossing
Nutcrafters - #27 - Glitter & Gems
Simon Says Stamp - Embossing
Dawn's Crafting - Think Pink or Breast Cancer Awareness
Going Grey With Scrap-Creations - Embossing
Shopping Our Stash - Embossing 
Amusing Challenges - Pink, Green & Brown
Gingerloft Challenge - GL48 - Embossing
Scrapper's Delight - Make your own Backing Paper

9 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat

I think it's beautiful, especially if it shimmers and the illusion of the snow flakes flurrying by is so great. Love it. You killed this challenge with the colors, and you got the desert. Love these colors together. Your mom will say she loves it because she will silly! lol.

Annie Rose

I really like this! I think it looks great. :) You've probably just been looking at it for too long. But, I do the same thing... hee hee

Luvs,
Annie Rose

My pic to canvas

Thank you for great ready made list. I just visit you on the right time then I don’t have to going and searching around. Hehe.

Nikki Byrne

OMG such stunning embossing! I Love this it has inspired me to get out my rubber stamps again as I seem to use digis most of the time at the moment!! Thank you for joining us at Gingerloft this fortnight and good luck, hugs NIKKI DT

Mian

Such a gorgeous card, love the embossing!

Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us this fortnight at Gingerloft.
Best of luck and we'd love to have you visit again!

Mian
Gingerloft Design Team Member
http://mianspysselhorna.blogspot.com

lauren bergold

well, of course i can relate to the feeling of a card not being as cool as it was INSIDE my head; but i do have to tell you that THIS CARD is just flat out gorgeous by ANY standard!!! and an amazing use of embossing, too! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH with us this week! ♥♥♥

Christine L

Hi Laura..

Wowww fabulous embossing of that gorgeous snowflake! I imagine that the camera has not quite caught the pinkness of the card... it often happens.

Thanks for sharing your creation with us at In The Pink... hope to see you again soon!

Hugs
Christine x
ITP

Chris

Wow, this is such a great card - love the colors and that it's a one layer card. I'll have to go and check out that frame technique because it's perfect here.

Thanks for playing along with my Amusing Challenges this week! Come back again!!

Jessi Fogan

I think it's beautiful! Love how you worked the crazy colour combo - and the embossing & inking make such an impact :) Thanks so much for playing along with the embossing challenge at Shopping our Stash (and sorry for my belated comment!)

Post a Comment