Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Rain Boots...Not Made for Splashing!

Good Afternoon All!

I am back with my VERY FIRST Design Team Post for The Cutting Cafe! I am SOOOO excited to be on this team!

For our first Design team Challenge we were to use the adorable Rain Boots Shaped Card. I think these little boots are the absolute CUTEST! One thing that I LOVED about this file was that it comes as the full shaped card, and then the little boots are seperate. You cut them out and layer them on the card shape. With the boots being seperate you could use them as embellishments on a scrapbook page, or use a single boot on a card. LOTS of possibilities!

Here is my creation...


For my little boots I chose to use them as the shaped card. I think the shaped cards are so fun to give because it makes them more unique :) The paper I chose is from the Simple Stories 6x6 paper pack called Baby Steps. I love this paper because it has kind of a distressed aged look to the patterns which is what I wanted for my boots. One thing that you have to remember is that when you are tracing your boot pattern on the back of your patterned paper...remember when you flip it over it will be the mirror image. Ask me how I figured that out - LOL! Oh well... I have not one but TWO cute little designer boots facing right to use on another project :) That is another cool thing about this file - You can make your boots face either way by just flipping the way you trace it on your paper! My boot trim piece and the heel pieces are both cut from scrap pieces of paper from this same pack. I did sponge the edges of both my boots and the heel pieces with early espresso ink to give them some definition and to help seperate the pieces.

I added some pearls to my boots and some cream colored ribbon roses from my stash. The sentiment is from the Flourishes stamp set called Apple of My Eye. I punched it using a small oval punch from Stampin Up!, sponged the edges with Early Espresso and popped it on a dimensional. I added a couple more pearls to tie it together.

I have a lot of ideas on other ways to use this file so you will definately see more projects using these adorable boots :) I love that they can be used for a lot of occasions and you can change the look and theme just by your paper choices!  I don't have a cutting machine but Regina creates these files so they are easy for everyone to use! They come with a PDF version for you to hand cut and they match up perfectly!

I also posted this card on the Loves Rubberstamps Challenge Blog. This week's theme is ANYTHING GOES and The Cutting Cafe is the special sponsor this week! Be sure to visit the challenge blog and play along ... and don't forget to visit The Cutting Cafe and get this file... trust me - You will LOVE creating with it :)

Also... be sure to visit The Cutting Cafe Blog this Wednesday and see ALL the fun samples created by the Design Team using these cute boots!

Happy Stampin'
Laura

Pin It

6 comments:

Julia Aston

These are just the cutest! Love the brown dotted paper you used on them!

Holly AKA KopyKat

OMGosh I love these adorable boots and the dp you used, ribbon and pearls!!! So cute!

Tee

Very cute boots!! I love the colors and the rose on the top...

Regina Easter

yikes............. this is so darn cute...I love these....welcome to the team girl..hugs

Lorie

Your boots are so pretty! I'm excited to be on the team with you!

Lezlye

Love the polka dots and the added flower and pearls!

Post a Comment