Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Standing Pretty

Hi Stampers!

Today is Tuesday which means it is a new Loves Rubberstamps Challenge!!
This week's challenge is a Pinterest Photo Inspiration Challenge! I love these! Here is the photograph that we had to use:




Isn't this adorable? There are TONS of ways to be inspired from this photograph. You could be inspired by that sweet little girl herself. You could be inspired by the gorgeous dress with the lace, pearls, and the creamy white layers. You could choose to be inspired by that gorgeous flower headband. Or just the vintage, shabby chic feel of the photo! Or combine it all! Your choice that is what makes it so fun!

Here is what I came up with for my inspirational piece...


I have always loved the look of the white on white layers using different embossing folders and this was the perfect inspiration piece to try it out myself! I used the little girls dress as the inspiration for my background. I distressed the edges, but I did it after I used my embossing folder so it was kind of hard to do it without tearing it too much. I also punched the edges of the strips with my tiny heart border punch from Stampin Up!

With having an all white background I really wanted my little girl image to pop so I chose to color her with deep, rich colors. This adorable image is called Standing Pretty and is from the Elisabeth Bell Designs Collection from Sweet Pea Stamps.

Here is a close up of my image. I added some Dazzling Diamonds to the ribbon in her hair and the front of her dress for some added sparkle.


I hand drew the grass using my prismacolor pencils and went around the image with pencil first and blended it out. The added some very faint clouds and sponged sky. I wanted it to be really faint. I think I got a little too much glitter on her dress and I noticed my red bled a little into her arm. Red is such a booger sometimes! I still think she turned out pretty though :) I added little pearls to her dress and ribbons too.


I couldn't pass up the opportunity to be inspired by that gorgeous flower so I created my own "scrunch flower" This is my absolute favorite flower to make. I love how they turn out! Reminds me of little carnations which are one of my favorite flowers.

Here is another look at the main panel and flower together...


The little sentiment on the jewelry tag punch is from Stampin Up! I wanted just a subtle one nothing too big and this was perfect.

I also used this week's sketch from My Favorite Things because it had lots of awesome layers which I wanted for creating all of the white on white embossing. Here is a look at the sketch:


I am also entering this in the Elphine House challenge because it is for Elisabeth Bell images. Their challenge is a 3,2,1 challenge. I used 3 - Different Embossing Folders, 2 - Large Pearls, 1 - Homemade Scrunch Flower :)

This challenge was a lot of fun and our Design Team really rocked this one with creations that are simply STUNNING! But you will have to go visit the challenge blog to check them out... you won't be disappointed ;)

Hope you will play along with us....

Happy Stampin!
Laura

Pin It

I will also be entering this in the following challenges:

Card Mania - CMC #4 Handmade Flowers
House of Gilli - 2 Favorite Things - Large Pearls & Punches (Scallops for flower & Heart Border)
Incy Wincy Designs - Friends
Lollipop Crafts - 2 Different Punches or Dies - Scallop Punch & Heart Border Punch
Love To Create - Anything Goes
Stamp and Create - Anything Goes
Tammy's Scrappin Corner - Design a Kiddie Card
Gingerloft - Embossing - 2nd Entry
Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes
Joanna Sheen Challenge - So Sweet
Stampin Sisters in Christ - Something Handmade on Project - Scrunch Flower
The Secret Stamper - Distressing
Delightful Challenges - Distressed
Crafty Ribbons Challenge - Vintage
Divas by Design - Lots of Layers
Elphine House - 3,2,1
My Mum's Craft Shop - Hearts & Flowers
Simon Says Stamp - Emboss It!
Lia Stampz - Challenge 25 - 3 of Something - Used 3 Different Embossing Folders
Unique Crafter's Challenge - Anything Goes
Pattie's Creations Design Challenge - Anything Goes - Must use an Image
The Stamping Boutique - Challenge 52 - Embossing
The Order of the Opus Gluei - Challenge #140 -A Little Sketchy
Heck of a Challenge - Anything Goes
Natalie & Amy's Challenge - Anything Goes

33 comments:

Ani

Gorgeous card! The flower is really beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along at Card Mania! I hope to see you again in our future challenges! Ani

Lydia

Beautiful xx I am loving your colouring and the grass is fab xxx

Vili M.

Very beatiful and cute! Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenges!

Suzie McFloozy

Great colouring on this beautiful card x
Thanks for playing along with us at MMCS this week & good luck x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

Ciska

I love the WOW theme, really makes the image pop! Thanks for playing along with our Distressed challenge @ Delightful Challenges :)

Holly AKA KopyKat

This is so adorable, love this cute little image and the white on white embossed is fabulous. Love the flower and the way you used this sketch. Awesome!

Denise @ kc242

Your card is sooo cute! Love your design and all of the layering and details. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Digital Delight Challenges. I have blog candy available too if you are interested!
Denise
DDC-DT

The Craft Bucket

Gorgeous photograph and super cute card too! Thank you for playing along with us on the Joanna Sheen Challenge & good luck. We have a blog hop on the 1st October so please come and join in the fun. Jane x

McCrafty's Cards

Gorgeous card, I like the sweet image and the embossing, Thank you for joining in our 1st challenge at Heck of a challenge, Good Luck.
Kevin xx

Anke

Beautiful card with a cute image
thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons
xx

cebelica

I like all the embossing and hot the image stands out. Beautifully made. Thanks for playing with us at Crafty ribbons! Hugs! xx

Sandra DeFalco

I absolutely love all of the white embossed pieces! Thanks for playing in our 'Anything Goes' Challenge #53!
Sandi ♥
DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
and Pattie's shop
Home of Pattieboop and Allie!

Judith

this is just stunning -the image is so beautifully coloured and I love the white embossed card thanks for playing at Delightful chalenges this week hugs judith x

Crafty and Green

What a beautiful Card! Your image is wonderful and coloring gorgeous! Thank you so much for playing with us this week at Love to Create Challenge! Come Back and Play with us again really soon!

Many Blessings,
Tina

crafty-stamper

A beautiful card love the image and all the embossing and gorgeous flower I love carnations too thanks for joining us at Tammy's Scrapin Corner
carol DT x

Gorse Auto Detailing

The white on white with different embossed layers really makes this a one-of-a-kind! The red dress just POPS off the page! FANTASTIC!!

Thank you for joining us at The Stamping Boutique Embossing Challenge this week!

Stacie
TSB DT

Debbie

All your embossing and details are beautiful! Thanks for joining us at TSB embossing challenge, and good luck!

DebbieM
TSB DT

Rosemary

Oooh, I love that you have two creations to share with us! This is a wonderful take on the inspiration photo AND the sketch. The effect of the white embossing with different textures is subtle, strking,and very effective! The image of the girl is beautifully colored and I love that touch of bling! A lovely card!

Thanks again for sharing your creativity with us at Opus Gluei!

Rhonda Miller

What a pretty card. Thanks for playing at The Stamping Boutique.

Sassy Raggedy

What perfect colors to use for this card. Your coloring is wonderful. I love the white flower. Thanks so much for joining us at Love to Create Challenges this week. Hope to see you again next week as well. joann sassy raggedy

CraftyGirl

Very sweet I just love the pearls on her dress and your flower. Thank you for playing along this week at The Stamping Boutique. Good luck in the challenge and I hope to see you in the next challenge.

TTFN,

CraftyGirl TSB DT
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

Jane (Carroll's Creations)

Thanks for joining our last challenge of "Distressing" on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE :)

Hugs Jane x

Lawren

Very Very Cute! Thank you for joining us at The Stamping Boutique.

Lawren

angelwhispers

She is just fab and love your colour choice! Thanks for joining us for our first challenge over at Natalie and Amy's! Love Chanelle xxxx

Pinkies Sparkly Creations

love hoe the image stands out on all that white thanks for joining us at C4E and good luck emma xx

Nikki Byrne

Stunning embossing and fab image :o) Thank you for joining us at gingerloft this fortnight and good luck. HUgs

NIKKI DT

Karen C

This is so adorable! Thanks for playing in our friends challenge at Incy Wincy Designs Challenge! Best of luck in the draw! Hope to see you next week!
Hugs,
Karen C

ScrappySandie

Hi Laura! Lovely card! The image is adorable and I love all the embossing in white AND your pretty scrunch flower! Gorgeous!
Thanks for joining us this week at SSiC!
Sandie

DesignerDiva

Yet another beautiful card and another fab flower!
I love them, thanks again for joining us at Heck of a Challenge for our very first challenge I hope you will join us again soon and good luck
Hugs Laurie xx

Elizabeth

Just lovely! Thank you for joining us at The Stamping Boutique.

Anonymous

The coloring on this is out of this world. Thank you for joining us on our embossing challenge this week at The Stamping Boutique. I hope you will be joining us for our next challenge. Good Luck~Patti TSB DT

Jana

Beautiful card. I love how you colored her hair. Thanks so much for playing along with us at OPUS GLUEI.

Audhild

Your card is so beautiful. Thank you for joining the EHA challenge this month.

Hugs, Audhild

Post a Comment