Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The Cutting Cafe - Fall Projects

Hi Stampers!

Today I want to share my inspiration post for The Cutting Cafe. This week Regina gave us a choice of three different beautiful Fall sets to use on our project. We could choose the Acorn Shaped Card, Welcome Fall Printable Stamp Set, or the Autumn Days Printable Stamp Set.

I loved both of the printable stamp sets and couldn't decide which I wanted to use - so I made TWO projects - LOL - that way I didn't have to pick just one!

The first project I made is a Matchbook Treat Holder that I made to fit the Apple Cider Travel Sticks.



Here is the outside. I used the Autumn Days Printable Stamp set on this project. That gorgeous Fall Words background and the Apple Cider Circle Saying are just 2 of the 16 images that come in this set. The Apple Cider Mug is a stamp that I had from Gourmet Rubber Stamps that I thought would be perfect to use with the Apple Cider Word Circle. I colored my mug using Spectrum Noir Alcohol Ink Markers.

Here is a peek at the inside of the matchbook:


For my second project I totally loved the Apples and the Baskets in the Welcome Fall Printable Stamp Set and knew I wanted to create my own "basket" background to pop a pretty bushel of apples on.


To create my basket background I dug into my hoard of the long retired and my all time FAVORITE Stampin Up! cardstock... Creamy Caramel. I cut my cardstock into 1/2" strips and then ran them through my cuttlebug using a wood grain texture plate. I then sponged the tops with close to cocoa ink to make the wood grain pop, then sponged all the edges with early espresso to define them even more. I then created a weave with my strips and added brads to look like a basket edge. If you like to create your own backgrounds too...that is this week's challenge at our challenge blog so be sure and play :)

My basket and apples are colored with spectrum noir markers. I added white gel pen to my basket to make the stripes look like leather stitched trim, and added mini brads to the basket as well. I also added white gel pen highlights to my apples to make them appear shiny and used to my white pen to create the faux stitching on my gingham table cloth.

Here is a close up of the apples and basket:



This project is actually a little folder that opens up to hold two packets of apple cider mix. You could also put hot cocoa packets in there too, fits either one.


Here I stamped an image from the Flourishes Stamp Set - Apple of My Eye and then added the Simple Pleasures sentiment from The Cutting Cafe's - Autumn Days Set.

Well I hope you enjoyed my projects today! Here is one last look of both together :)



Be sure to stop by The Cutting Cafe's Blog on Wednesday to see all the projects the Design Team made with these beautiful sets! PLUS if you leave a comment on the post ... Regina draws one lucky person who will win their choice of 3 files from the store! Very cool!

Have a great night all & thanks for stopping by!
Laura

Pin It

I will be entering these into the following challenges:

Bearly Mine - #53 - Fall Colors
Elke Kaart Een Feestje - Fall is on His Way
Paperminutes - #235 - Autumn
Papertake Weekly - A Hazy Shade of Autumn
The Ribbon Carousel - RCC71 Fall into Fall
Use It Tuesdays - Anything Goes
Paper Makeup Stamps - Digi Stamp Challenge - Welcome Autumn
Eureka Stamps - #6 - Autumn Colors
Lexi's Creations - Make a Gift - Anything But a Card
Mygrafico - Fall
Tammy's Scrappin Corner - #28 Anything Goes
The Crazy Challenge - Spots or Stripes
Use Your Stuff - Fall into another color challenge
Addicted to Stamps - Autumn Colors
PanPastel UK Challenge Blog - Autumn/Fall
Pile It On - #38 - It's a Stitch Up
Stampin Sisters in Christ - Harvest Card or Autumn Project
The Crafty Pad - Autumn Colors
Color Me Creative Challenge - # 52 Fall Colors
Crazy 4 Challenges - Anything Goes with a Fall Twist
Card Crafter's Circle - #40 Gone Gingham
Fairytale Challenge Blog - #50 - Autumn
C.R.A.F.T Challenge - Autumn
Delightful Challenges - Anything But a Card
My Heart Pieces Digital Stamp Challenges - Anything Goes

34 comments:

cotnob

Two fab projects, just what we need with the nights getting darker lovely Hot Spiced Cider.
Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Pad this week.
Pauline
x

Unknown

Super projects thanks for joining us this week at PanPastel uk.

Kerry DT Leader

Marjolaine

Such a great idea, I want one!!! It looks fabulous, great job! Thanks for joining us at UIT!

Carola/Schokofee

Oh how wonderful - i like it!
Thanks for joining paperminutes!

Haven_mom4

love the background you created. Thanks for digging into your stash to join us at USe it Tuesday

Trish and Treasure

Thanks for playing in our Gingham Challenge this week at Card Crafters Circle. Love your embellishments and the card colour combination, wonderful cards!!!
hugs Trish Munro

Holly AKA KopyKat

These are both so fabulous. LOVE the basket weave you made and I am so going to have to KopyKat that. You are like so great at that weaving. Adorable!!!

Carol

Both cards are beautiful...I really like the apple one! What a nice lil treat!

Always with a Sentiment

Wow, these are great and what fab ideas too. Love them. Thanks for sharing at Lexi's Creations and good luck.
Love Sandra xxx

Emma and Susan

These are two amazing inspirational ideas, they are fabulous and something I would like to 'lift' and have a go at myself. Thank you for joining us this time at Lexi's Creations.
Love and hugs
Susan xxx

Regina Easter

oh man I love these projects...these would be super awesome for teachers and neighbors...you so ROCK...

Anne Temple

Both of your fall projects are wonderful. So glad you joined us for the Welcome Autumn challenge at Paper Makeup Stamps' Digi Makeover Challenge this week.

carol

super creations, thanks for playing along with CRAFT x carol

Dawn

Mmmm, spiced cider! Your lovely creation is just perfect for our Autumn Colours Challenge at The Crafty Pad thanks for playing!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

Glenda Atkins

Your treat holders are wonderful, love them both. They will make such fab little gifts and are both so lovely I don't even know which one I like best:O). Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations for our 'Anything but a card challenge'.

Lynne

Love these cards/holders. So glad you decided to create with us at Use Your Stuff.

Kristie Maynard

Wonderful projects! Thanks for playing along with the Eureka! Stamps challenge.

Lorraine A

Gorgeous creations Laura :-) all of them are fabulous !! I never heard of hot spiced cider but will have to google a recipe now !! sounds yummy ! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Papertake Weekly Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Desire Fourie

These are beautiful. Lovely colours and embellishments. Hugs Desíre {Doing Life - my personal blog} {Digistamps4Joy DT Member} {Tammys Scrapin Corner DT Member} {Lady Anne's Paper Crafts DT Member}

Ellen

Fantastic creations!
Thanks for joining us at EKEF!
Ellen

Unknown

Ahhhh. What a great idea! I love it! Thanks for joining us at Use It Tuesday!

Marlies

Two beautiful creations!! Thanks for joining us at ATSC, hugs, Marlies

Lori

Your drink mix holders are darling! Cute Cutting Cafe stuff here!

julie_woolston

What lovely creations.

Thank you for joining us at Lexis Creations.

Hugs Julie x

Unknown

I have so enjoyed your blog and your creation is fantastic. Thank you so much for sharing with us. I wish you well in the this week's Challenge. We hope to see you back next week.
Hugs
Tammy Ortiz
Founder of
Tammy Scrapin Corner

Michelle

Lovely cards with great backgrounds.
Thanks for joining us at Fairytale.
LG Michelle

Lindsay Craftymonster81

Wow! What a fabulous make, I love the papers and the lace is beautiful. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel Challenge Blog
Lindsay xx

ddazzled71

Two fabulous Autumn Projects, and I love how they have a special cider surprise for the recipient. Thanks so much for joining us at My Heart Pieces this fortnight and Good Luck!
Danie xx

Unknown

wonderfull creations and such a clever idea for a gift :-)
Thanks for joining us over at ATSC
Hugs
Tasha
xxxxx

Natascha

Wow, what a lovely and cute project. Thank you so much for joining us at Bearly Mine Challenge this week. Good luck!

Hugs, Natascha

*mieke*

Love your card! THNX so much for joining us at Elke kaart een feestej this week!
Mieke

Unknown

This is amazing sppecially the apple one.Thank you so much for joining with us at My Heart Pieces.

Deanne Saunders

Awesome creations!!! Thanks for participating in MY HEART PIECES challenge this week!!
~DEANNE~

Познавате ме като "Точица", "щурчо", "Елфи", "КрасИва" или може би не ме познавате?

Fab creations!
Thank you for joining us at The Crazy Challenge #129 “Spots and/or stripes”
Hugs
Krassi

Post a Comment