Friday, September 14, 2012

Yummy Frosting...Oh My!

Hi Stampers....

I am back and got my pics all taken of my card that should have posted YESTERDAY...hubby's and their need for sleep...geeze - LOL!!!

Anyway here it is...my Birthday Lulu with her super yummy paper pieced cupcake with my homemade paper "frosting"...


I made this for this week's Kraftin Kimmie Challenge to use paper piecing on your card. I paper pieced the cupcake wrapper and Lulu's party hat and dress. I used papers from the Simple Stories 6x6 paper pack - Baby Steps.

The color scheme works for the challenge at Polka Doodles....Ice Cream Colors. I love ice cream and I have lots of favorite flavors so it is hard to pick just one...
Neopolitan (cuz you get 3 flavors in one!) Chocolate (my base), Strawberry (frosting), Vanilla (main designer paper color)
Then once in a great while you just need pistachio which is sort of the greens in my papers...PLUS nothing goes better with ice cream than Cupcakes with Frosting!

My homemade "frosting" is a mixture of shaving cream and elmer's white glue mixed up so it is thick and goopy like melty half dried out cool whip and then I mixed re-inker drops in to color it. When it was thick and goopy enough I piled it on with my stir sick and then sprinkled pink chunk glitter on top and let it sit and dry overnight. It dries so it is a little puffy and the glitter stays on perfectly!

Here are some close ups, I was trying to capture the puffy frosting like texture, kinda hard to get so I hope you can see it ok....








I also did the "out of the box" technique for my circle piece. The layout is for this week's Mojo Monday Challenge #258.


Be sure that you check out HOLLY'S CARD from today...she also created an ADORABLE Kraftin Kimmie Paper Pieced creation!

Don't miss our DESIGN TEAM CALL either!  I am going to try and figure out how to make it a sticky...so wish me luck :)

I am off to TRY and sleep since I have to report to work...not by choice... at 3am and work until 3pm...how exciting!

Happy Stampin All! Try the frosting technique and let me know what you think! Leave a link to your project so I can check it out :)
Laura

Pin It

Here are links to the challenges that I am entering this card into:

Kraftin Kimmie Stamps - Challenge #145 - Piece Out
Mojo Monday - Sketch Challenge # 258
Avadares Challenge Blog - Make It Sparkle
Jellypark Challenges - All About the Children
Polka Doodles - Ice Cream Colors
The Poodles Parlour - Here Come The Girls
QKR Stampede - Birthday Celebrations
Aud Sentiments Challenge - Something Funny, Hunny!
Dutch Dare Card Challenge - Sugar & Spice
Milk Coffee Challenge - Use 2 Different Shapes
Paper Crafting Journey - Use a Sentiment
Shelly's Images - Anything Goes - 2nd Entry
Divas By Design - For a Child
Bearly Mine Challenges - Week 52 - Anything Goes
Created With Love - Birthdays
Paper Pretties - Wednesday Challenge - PWC223 - Paper Punches
Paper Pretties - Monday Challenge - PPMC56 - Birthday Card
There She Goes - Let Them Eat Cake
Stamp and Create - Anything Goes
Creative Inspirations Paint - Inspired by Birthdays
Pile It On - #37 - Patterned Paper - 2nd Entry
The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog - Punch It
The Squirrel & The Fox - #26 - Anything Goes - 2nd Entry



21 comments:

Teresa Arsenault

Delicious design. I love your paper piecing and the frosting looks absolutely good enough to eat. Thanks for joining us at Avadares Challenge Blog.
Blessing hugs,
Teresa

Plastic card printing

Beautiful card. Lovely design. I really appreciate this. Thanks for sharing this adorable creation.

Always with a Sentiment

Hi there. What a lovely card with a great image. Love the papers and textures.
Thanks for sharing at Created with Love.
Sandra xx

Sue

Yummy card Laura,love your image and colours.Great paper piecing.
Thanks for sharing your card with us at Created With Love Challenges.
Sue

Caz

This is lovely..Thank you for joining us at Dutch Dare and good luck..

Caz xx DD DT

Crea-Sandra

This is gorgeous! Love the home-made frosting!
Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments!~
Hugs xx Sandra

Holly AKA KopyKat

This is so yummy, love the cute image and the frosting is so fabulous. The dp and cute card design are so great. Love it.

Lisa Minckler

I'm sooo hungry now. Your frosting is absolutely realistic looking and I thank you so much for sharing how you made that. It's so incredible. I can only imagine it's even more amazing in person! Just love your card.

Thank you so much for joining our challenge and sharing your wonderful talent with us at Dutch Dare.
Lisa xx

Andrea W

Super cute! I love your image and puffy frosting detail. Thanks for playing along with Created With Love Challenges.

Kristie Maynard

So darn cute! Love the "sprinkles" on the cupcake! Thanks for joining the QKR Stampede challenge this week.

Kianel

super cute card!
Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations paints challenge this week!
Good luck, love from France, Kianel.

Patty Sue 2

A scrumpteuos card! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Shelter challenge. Good luck and be sure and enter your lovely work in our next challenge!

Darlene

OH MY ... talk about a sugar rush! This truly looks good enough to eat! Awesome cretion! Thanks so much for joining our "ANYTHING GOES" challenge at Shelly's Images! Please come back and join us again real soon!!
Darlene
Shelly's Images DT
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Unknown

Lovely card! That cupcake looks sooo yummy!
Thank you for joining the QKR Stampede Challenge. Good luck on the draw!
Ruza ~ QKR DT

Patty

Wow..looks like you have outdone yourself!! Love the tip on the cupcake frosting! Thanks for playing with us over at The Poodles Parlour! Now get some sleep!!!

Patty

Lisa xx

I would have to agree with that!!! super cute card, thank you for sharing this with aud sentiments xx

Sarah

This card is oh so yummy! Love the frosting-- looks good enough to eat! Thanks for creating with us at QKR Stampede!

Scratch Cards Printing

What a stunning card. So beautiful design. I really appreciate this. Thanks for sharing.

MagsB

Mmmm, that cupcake looks so yummy! I love the frosting! Your card is just delicious! Thanks for joining in at The Squirrel and the Fox!

love Mags B x

Anne

Love that cupcake. Thanks for playing along with Polka Doodles
Anne x

Safdar Ali

What a cute card. Lovely design. This must be so easy for you to design for the Plastic card company if you want to join. I really appreciate your work.

Post a Comment